cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM Dispatcher Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using IDM 7.1 in our SAP Landscape for User Administration activites, Sometime we face issues in dispatchers of IDM. It get hang and in this case no user request get processed.

In such scenarios we have to logon to IDM server and stop,start dispatcher to make it back in running condition.

We face this atleast once a week and we have to monitor continously dispatcher to take care of such issue.

We are trying to find any automated way of monitoring these dispatcher So if any dispatcher get hang we get an automated alert.

We tried to find out any standad way of IDM but did not find anything useful. We tried it by CCMS but that is not useful in case of IDM.

So please suggest a way of minitoring hanged dispatchers.

Regards,

Shivam Mittal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented monitoring tools (sitescope) to monitor dispatcher status and it works wonderfully

Let me know if you need details. I can help

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Yes Please let me know how can we set up this monitoring tools (sitescope) in our system.

Also let us know does this tool works if dispatcher is in hung state.

Because everytime we see dispatcher is down in our IDM, We see that on server it shows running So we have to always stop and start it.

Shivam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_groth2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use a workaround too for the problem. See post:

[|]

Best regards,

Thomas Groth

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a number of us experiencing this at the moment.

So far the prevailing thought is to monitor the MC_DISPATCHERS table with something like SCOM to make sure that the update time is being refreshed. This would tell us whether or not the dispatcher is firing.

Hope this helps!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Can you please elaborate more the method of monitoring MC_DISPATCHERS table with SCOM.

Shivam

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We're still working on the concept, but the idea is to have SCOM watch the MC_DISPATCHERS table and check for heartbeats on a specific dispatcher that has been acting up.

It's not at the top of my priority list so I haven't been able to circle back to it. But I will post when I do!

Matt