cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi Rich Client on Windows 7 64 bit doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

on my server WINDOWS 2008 r2 64 BIT i have upgraded BO Edge XI 3.1 to SP3.

On a Windows 7 64 bit client i have installed Webi Rich Client from Infoview and the latest Java version.

I have 2 problems on this client:

1) From Infoview, When i try to modify a .wid file, Java control panel doesn't found a plug.in and stop to run.

Wich is the supported Java version?

2) Webi Rich Client, after login, doesn't open a .wid file and give me the error WIJ 2002.

Can anyone help me???

Thank's a lot

Daniela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

for #1 ...yes.. we have a firewall between our client machine and the server, but we stopped it during the test.

We stopped firewall and anti-virus too on the client and server side.

I try to import reports from CSM and it runs well; instead we aren't able to open universes and reports.

I hope this information can help ...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for your suggestions.

Unfortunately both errors still remain.

1) Web Intelligence Rich Client

I have installed BOE client tools using XI3.1 SP3 Client tools package in C:\Business Objects. The report's import runs well, but when i try to open one of the imported reports, i receive the error: WIJ 2002.

The details are:

Version:null Analisi dello stack: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: XML parser problem: XMLJaxpParser.parse(): Element type "ABOUT_Patentnumbers" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>". at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.jaxp.XMLJaxpParser.parse(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.webi.richclient.XMLviaOccaRC.getServerConfiguration(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLServerConfiguration.load(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLServerConfiguration.load(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.TCMain.initClient(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.thread.InitAppletRunner.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.webi.richclient.XMLviaOccaRC.getServerConfiguration(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLServerConfiguration.load(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.xml.XMLServerConfiguration.load(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.TCMain.initClient(Unknown Source) at com.businessobjects.wp.tc.thread.InitAppletRunner.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2) Infoview

We have installed java 1.6.0_02 (we previously have Update 29).

We try to use Explorer 9.0.3 or Firefox 8.0

Any other suggestion???

Thanks

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

#2 is easy - both browsers are not supported. Please use a supported browser. (your browsers will be supported in SP5, maybe)

for #1 - do you have a firewall between your client machine and the server ?

What if you launch Webi Rich Client from inside infoview ? (after you switch to supported browser)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

after many tests....

- Webi Rich Client SP3 (Installed by Client Tools) doesn' t run. We receive the same error WJI 2002

- Rich Client from Infoview with Firefox 3.6.19 runs well.

I have one more question: The latest client tools version is SP3 actually???

????

Thanks

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sp4 is the latest version or Fp3.6

Former Member
0 Kudos

The product that i need is BOBJ Edge BI 3.1 SP4 for Client Components or

something else???

Can i upgrade a BO Full Client Installation SP3 with that product??

We now have a server (ws 2008 64 bit) with BOBJ EDge BI 3.1 SP3 and a Windows 7 client with a BO Fulll Client Tools SP3 intallation. This is a supported configuration ???

We still have got error (WIJ 20002) when we try to open a web Intellingence document.

Thanks a lot

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to open a support incident with SAP to sort this out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

i find the solution in SAP Notes while i had try to open my incident.

The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01439743

Resolution

This issue has been resolved in Business Objects XI 3.1 SP3 Fix Pack 3.2

Workaround:

Go to Tools > Options

Go to Locale (tab) and set "Interface locale" and "Formatting locale" to English (United States) > OK.

Open a report in Web Intelligence Rich Client.

I test it ...and Web Rich client runs...in English!!!

Thanks for all

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great news. SAP Notes are very good source of solutions to all sorts of problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the solution.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On Windows 7 you have to install BOE client tools using XI3.1 SP3 Client tools package. (that's the package with build in SP3)

Upgaded to Sp3 client tools will not work.

As far as plug-in no found - that's a browser issue. what version of browser are you using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viterbo,

We support Sun 1.5.0_xx and Sun 1.6.0_02+ JRE's.