cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transports and SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need your suggestions, as I am transporting my PI objects from Dev to QA.

We are using PI7.1, and as of now we need to transport InObjects frtegration Directory object from Dev to QA. Interesting point here is We are running different SLD for Different environment, as for example, Dev and QA have seaprate SLDs, now when I am trying to export the objects using File transport system from Dev, I am facing issues as there is no target ion QA for every Business system of Dev.

Could you please direct me to some steps and links to proceed on as I require these transports to be carried out.

Regards,

Nipun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

refer below blog,...and create trabsport targets.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nipon,

Since you don't have a central SLD, the technical and business systems on all your SLD environments must be in synched. This means that the Dev and QA technical and business systems must both exists in SLD Dev and SLD QA and target system must be assigned both in Dev and QA. In this way, you transport of Integration Directory objects will be imported successfully.

If you don't have access to your SLDs, ask your Basis Team to synch them.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Jenny

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jenny has mentioned above, first sync the Dev and QA SLD. Typically this is done by Basis, so try to get them involved for this step. This step will create all the Tech and Business systems of both Dev and QA in both the SLDs.

Once done, you need to maintain the transport path for the business systems in the Dev sld. After this, you can proceed with IR and ID transports.

Regards

former_member193376
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Usually when we do not maintain a central SLD, we need to set the transport targets in the SLD, The below links will help you out.

We need to maintain the respective business system in the approiate SLD,

For example , Dev--QA

In QA system we need to maintain the info of Dev system, So that when you import the object it will recorginise the respesitive Business system

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/SLDMassiveTransportTargetCheck+Utility

Hope this helps.

Regards

S

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

take a look to this

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/29b1f3ea-0c01-0010-2dae-cc64bb381...

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Nov 16, 2011 11:16 AM