cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2EE Engine memory consumption (Usage)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have J2EE Engine (a Jawa stack). When I run routine monitoring via the browser and read the memory consumption I am meet with a chart that show a sawtooth like graph. Every hour from 19:00 to 02:00 the memory consumption will rise with approx. 200 MB after 7 hours all of a sudden the memory consumption drops down to normal idel levvel and start over again. I can inform that at the time there are no user on the system.

My question is what are the J2EE doing? since there is no user activity.Are the J2EE engine running some system applications? is it filling up the log files and then empty(storing) them.

I hope some of the experts can answer.

I just want to undertand what's going on, on the system. If there is some documentation/white paper on how to interpret/read the J2EE monitor I will great full if you drop the information or link here.

-

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra

Thanks allot I will read that one.

Regards

Mike

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Mike

To understand what exactly is being executed in Java engine, I'd suggest you perform Thread dump analysis as per:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/10/3ca29d9ace4b68ac324d217ba7833f/frameset.htm

Generally 4-5 thread dumps are triggered at the interval of 20-25 seconds for better analysis.

Here's some useful SAP notes related to thread dump analysis:

710154 - How to create a thread dump for the J2EE Engine 6.40/7.0

1020246 - Thread Dump Viewer for SAP Java Engine

742395 - Analyzing High CPU usage by the J2EE Engine

Kind regards,

Ved

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its very difficult to suggest you without logs. When your memory usage is very high even if there is no activity in the system. That time could you please default trace file and also paste some of the logs here so that we can find the root cause of the problem.

In the mean time, you can check SAP note 1125251.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Thanks for quick reply and yes you got a point. I will figure out where and how I can get around to the log file. I am a new be on J2EE.