cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS search operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured the IDS in VDS and it is working perfectly fine. Using the inbuild LDAP browser in VDS, I m able to do the search operation for all type of entry types. Now I want to enhance user search to satisfy my requirement.

The requirement is, the privilege information shown in user profile should be displayname instead of mskeyvalue. Currently by default, the privilege values for the user is shown with mskeyvalue. Insteaf of that I want to show the displayname of the privilege. Please let me know how we can achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the mapping of the CN from MSKEYVALUE to DISPLAYNAME.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your response. I changed the mapping for CN in database properties as suggested by you but didnt worked. Let me reiterate what I want in VDS.

1. I configured IDS in VDS using the IDS template provided by VDS installation

2. After successfull configuration, I tested the configuration using the built-in LDAP browser.

3. I did search for a user like operation=listpersons and mskeyvalue=jdoe (example)

4. I m able to see the user attribute values like, givenname=John, lastname=doe, cn=John Doe,mskeyvalue=jdoe which looks fine

5. But the assigned privilege for that user looks like (PRIV:ROLE:XXX:YYY) which is nothing but mskeyvalue of the privilege. I want displayname (eg, XXX YYY Role Name) of the assigned privilege to be shown for the user profile (in custom JSP page) instead of mskeyvalue. Is there anyway we can acheive this in VDS itself using connector or any other method?

Thanks in advance

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, misread what you are looking for.

You'll probably need to write a custom class in JAVA for that. Not sure how to go about this. I'd submit an OSS ticket and wait for it to escalate up to the development team. Someone there will be able to support this.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt for your response. I already started exploring the custom Java class option in VDS. I will keep you updated if I succeed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've been creating a lot of VDS setups including my very own connector to conenct to a custom created SPML interface. another setup was making some manipulations on the standard setup on the IDM-to-VDS service.

To change the "view" of an attribute you can create an attribute extension class and then under your Data sources you can find your privilege attribute in the list "Convertion to" and then add this Method to the privilege attribute.