cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary warning messages during creating new Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When we create a new production order we get unnecessary message "Material status check" with content "The component

XXXXXX has material status XXXXXX. Do you want to transfer the component?".

In this case MRP controller always enter YES without any thinking.

My question is how can we put off this message?

Best regards,

Arye Keinan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

phi_dang
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error occurs when you set plant specific material status on Material master of component.

For example, we have Finish good A with component B1, B2, B3.

On material master B1, you set plant specific material status: Block for Purchasing and on configuration you allow message appears on production order header. Then this message will appear.

The solutions for this are:

1. 1 Solution, You remove plant specific material status for component. If status message is: u201CThe component XXXX has material status Blocked for Purchasingu201D. Then you go to Purchasing tab on material master of component and change or remove statusu201D. But this just applicable for individual material.

2. The second solution, You go to OMS4, choose the relevant status. For example, BP u2013 Block for Purchasing. Then go to Production view, deselect value for field POrder header msg. and save. The error message will never appear in any materials assigned with this plant specific material status.

I recommend using the second solution. I am absolutely sure it the correct for your question.

Please give me highest score if it is exactly correct answer for you.