SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget exceeded and consumed budget showing neagtive value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Iam facing a problem where my consumed budget exceeded and is showing negative value.As per my knowledge the system should restrict the user to post when it surpasses the limit.In my case the system allowed posting and ended up in a negative value in the report. Can some body could throw some light on this. I have attached ny Budcon report with this

FdsCtr/CmmtItem 2,950,420 3,219,845 269,425-

CORP_HRD corporate HRD 2,950,420 3,219,845 269,425-

4000000065 Repairs_Building 2,950,420 3,219,845 269,425-

Regards

Vipin

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi read note 573409 - why AVC somtime doesn't works

0 Kudos

Hi Aleksey

But even though AVC is active is it possible for the budget available amount in negative value. It should stop automatically at the value zero. Correct me if iam wrong. In my case AVC is active

Regards

Vipin

0 Kudos

Hi, it depends on avc customazation. You can customize avc to stop posting if value eg biger on 120%

Also you can use statistical commitment item,or use cover eligibility. Also you can swithc of avc for some account assignments or value types. Also you need to not forget to run avc reconstraction program after every changes in avc customazation

0 Kudos

Thanks aleksey but the entry should stop at 100 percent consumption of budget. Can u be able to explain that why system doesnt stop this. My case all my AVC is working but even though it surpassed and ended up in neagtive

Regards

Vipin

Edited by: vipin dsilva on Nov 17, 2011 12:05 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Vipin, nice to read u.

Please, could you check the Commitment item ?

Is it a statistical item?

0 Kudos

Its not statistical

Edited by: vipin dsilva on Nov 18, 2011 5:08 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,did you run avc reconstraction program?

0 Kudos

I did,but i have to wait till the budget consumed inorder to see the result in PRD server to see whether it has an effect on it or not.Thats why i want to know about any other reason for this ..

Regards

Vipin

0 Kudos

The most often reasons in note, that I post before.

So as I understood avc doesn't work for all transactions and account assignments, that's why I think that something wrong in your customazation

0 Kudos

Aleksey

As of now the current settinngs in AVC i have made all groups inactive and selected each groups inside that and activated, apart from earmarked funds and forecast of revenue. Can you tell me where are the areas this earmrked fund and forecast of revenue is been used

Regards

Vipin

Edited by: vipin dsilva on Nov 18, 2011 12:29 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,it's FM specific posting.

Eg earmarked funds you can use instead of PO, if have no MM module.

Also it can be used for commitment plan in Agreement, or create PO based on earmarked funds etc

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> Iam facing a problem where my consumed budget exceeded and is showing negative value.As per my knowledge the system should restrict the user to post when it surpasses the limit.In my case the system allowed posting and ended up in a negative value in the report. Can some body could throw some light on this. I have attached ny Budcon report with this

>

> FdsCtr/CmmtItem 2,950,420 3,219,845 269,425-

> CORP_HRD corporate HRD 2,950,420 3,219,845 269,425-

> 4000000065 Repairs_Building 2,950,420 3,219,845 269,425-

>

> Regards

>

> Vipin

Hi Vipin, could u tell us where did u find that info, please?

What "budcon report" is it? (tcode?) What parameters did u use?

I thought maybe its a report thing, if all ur system works fine.

On the other hand, could run a test in a test environment?

That is, add budget and consume them to zero.

Then, consume more, to see if ur system throws error and allows you to consume that budget or not.