cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO between SAP ABAP stack and WINODWS ADS server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to configure SSO in our SAP landscape. Following is ourSAP landscape and systems details:

Operating System: MS WINDOWS Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Database: MS SQL Server 2008

SAP Version:ABAP Stack on SAP ECC 6.0 EHP4 & SAP Netweaver 7.1.

As far as we have investigated we have the configuration documentation at

SAP side. If we understand correctly in order to configure SSO we need

to do certain configuration on Operating system level (at ADS).

Could you please be kind to provide us the detail step-by-step

documentation or procedure at both SAP as well as operating system level in order to successfully configure SSO for our SAP landscape.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have decided not to implement the SSO as of now.There is domain migration happening so it has been postponed.

Thanks

Yugandhar Karuturi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand your correctly, you want to configure SSO between As ABAP and SAP Netweaver 7.1 system. So, are you following standard document for this or what is the problem you facing ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have documentation for procedure to be followed in at SAP level.We do not have procedure for Kerberos configuration between ADS server and WINDOWS Server 2008 R2 SP1.Since our ECC 6.0 is having only ABAP stack and we do not have

Netweaver portal in our landscape.SO we are struck up with connectivity between ADS server and WINDOWS server2008R2 SP1 where our SAP ABAP stack is running with domain installation.

So kindly give us if there is any standard document provided by SAP.

Thanks

Yugandhar Karuturi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are connecting it only for ADS then I think you will be having solution manager in your landscape. Then you can use ADS service of solution manager As Java system from your ABAP system. And it will save you lot of costs and efforts.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are connecting it only for ADS,As per your instructions if we use Solution manager with SAPNego configuraiton for SSO,how can we use our ECC6.0 ABAP stack as reference system in Solution manager?

Thanks

Yugandhar Karuturi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not get requirement. You said you want to use ADS. So, you can use solman As Java. But why you want to use SAPnego ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our rerquirement is we need to configure SSO between ADS and ABAP stack(ECC6.0 EHP4).Once it is implemented then users will not get the prompt for giving the "username&Password" on SAPGUI and it will take the WINDOWS authentication as login credentials for logging into SAP.

Thanks

Yugandhar Karuturi

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I understand, you can simply configure ADS of portal to your ECC system. And separately you can configure Single Sign on with window active directory.

Thanks

Sunny