cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track usage of tcodes for a particular Login id

Former Member
0 Kudos

*Hi experts,*

*Kindly tell me how to track the usage of transactions for a particular Login Id. Is there any tcode from which we can get the report for the same? If suppose 100 tcodes has been assigned to a particualr Login Id, I have to confirm whether in the last month have the users executed all the tcodes assigned to them or not.*

*Kindly revert for the same.*

*Thanks & Regards,*

*RESHMA*

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

if you have Auditing turned on (SM19), you can query the logs via SM20 or if you use ST03N, you can do queries by date and sort by tcodes also.

I don't think there is a Tcode or a report that helps to pull up this information directly .

Hope this helps.

Vikas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI reshmanambiar,

If you are talking about a Firefighter user ID, GRC SPM automatically collects this information for you

in SPM Module: User reports ->Transaction Usage Report:

"This reports transactions which were executed during the firefighting session. You have the option to report only critical transaction usage"

If you ain´t talking about a firefighter user, then you should follow the advice the other guys gave you before. You can use ST03N (history is limited to some days per default), you can also use the audit trial y you have already activated it or you can check form some information (probably not as complete as you want) at the change documents of the system ( see reports RSSCD100, RSSCD200).

Another option is ussing RAR: informer -> security reports-> Miscellaneous -> Action Usage by Role and Profile.

(This report lists action usage for roles and profiles)

Hope it helps,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reshma,

This concept is often referred as RBE (Reverse Business Engineering). Using this approach, you can identify the transaction codes which are rarely used and can remove some of them from the user roles.

Search with the term SAP RBE in any search engine which yields good amount of references. Further, you can identify the same using ST03N.

You may download the tool from - https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/asap-rbe

All the best!

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Nov 17, 2011 1:59 PM

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Reshma,

Can you please share what exactly is the purpose you are trying to meet.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I want to know the usage of tcodes for a particular Login Id. Are they using all the tcodes for which they have authorizations or not.

Thanks & Regards,

RESHMA

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Reshma,

The first thing you have to consider is why the tcode is in the role at first place, conventional wisdom is - Role was identified, its functions were identified (or the other way around) and then corresponding tcodes were identified to perform those functions and then role was updated with these tcodes. Now rather than approaching it through the frequency of tcode use, you shoudl revisit the business process or function and evaluate if it is still required in the role. Depending upon this requirement, you should reevaluate your role design. Usually you should just prepare the role-to-tcode matrix and have the business/Function review it periodically.

going by frequency can be misleading, I will give you a scenario - what if the user executes a tcode only once a quarter or 6 months or a year, with rest of the time the function is performed by junior staff or some other team member through a different role. So best practice I can suggest is to review the role-tcode matrix.

You can however check the frequency using Audit Logs in Sm18-20 as mentioned by Vikas above. These are pretty easy to configure but size of logs can get unmanageable depending upon filters.

Regards,

Shivraj