Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event handling for closing a browser window on portal in web dynpro abap

amrutha_s2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to portal as well as web dynpro. Is it possible to handle portal events in web dynpro abap? My requirement is whenever a browser window is closed on portal, if any new system messge has been added I want to display them in a pop-up. I checked examples from the package 'SWDP_TEST' but they trigger events in web dynpro and pass them to portal. I want to subscribe to the close event of portal and handle it in my web dynpro abap application. How can I achieve this? Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Amrutha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to handle portal events in web dynpro abap? My requirement is whenever a browser window is closed on portal, if any new system messge has been added I want to display them in a pop-up. I checked examples from the package 'SWDP_TEST' but they trigger events in web dynpro and pass them to portal. I want to subscribe to the close event of portal and handle it in my web dynpro abap application. How can I achieve this? Please suggest.

Hi,

I dont think that you can code to close IE browser window as you cannot access MS IE APIs in WD ABAP. I looked into closing IE browser and got http://p2p.wrox.com/general-net/16588-handling-ie-close-event.html . reading this, it seems the coding can be done in C#(asp) etc.

also refer

I hope this is useful for you.

Thanks,

Chandra

amrutha_s2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am not trying to close the browser, I want to display a pop-up when the browser is closed, more specifically on closing an iView. I suppose there would be an event associated with closing of an iView.I want to subscribe that event in web dynpro abap and create a pop-up in event handler. In SAP GUI when user changes a transaction or performs some action on screen, a pop-up appears displaying the newly added system message. I want to implement the same on portal.

Thanks,

Amrutha

Edited by: Amrutha S on Nov 16, 2011 7:02 AM

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/b76f4169e25858e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Not sure if this will solve your problem.

Thanks,

Chandra