cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation to number of Key Figures in APO Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have created a data source in APO based on a Planning area , it is having 220 KF. in RSA6 the data source lists all the 220 KF but when we see data in RSA3 , we are getting last many KF getting truncated .Is there any limitation to the number of KFs to be added in APO Planning area /Data source.

Sudhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

Are you sure data is getting lost? Did you already try the arrows on the top to navigate to the right side?

You must be getting data to a DSO or infocube, so that would be a better place to check whether all data is available or not.

PS: extraction of 220 KFs seems extremely high. Do you really need to extract so many KFs? Whatever KFs you do not need, exclude them from extraction to improve the performance of extraction process. You could also split the KFs based on whether they are linked to future or the past to improve the performance or take care of system loading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan for the Reply

Some of the KF data is getting passed on to RSA3 - Cube in BW.

Coming to the numbers of KF , yes we are using most of them . and some of them we need for future additions.

Sudhakar

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In /sapapo/sdp_extr, input the datasource, and push "display datasource".

There's a column called "hide field", please make sure for the key figures you want, this field is not checked.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ada

Yes, i did this and put only 20 KF in the datasource , but still the KF which were missing earlier were not gettign extgracted after hiding most of the KFs

Sudhakar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

So, you don't get any values for some KFs (at all?)? And you have not excluded them from extraction.

What is the periodicity of your planning area (from Storage bucket profile)?

What kind of data have your stored in the planning area (value/period wise)?

May be this info could give some way ahead to us.

Also, Could you try the option to "repair datasource"?

From planning area-> extras-> data extraction tools-> give name of datasource having issue and select the "repair datasource" option. See if this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

2 more things to possilbly try out:

1) You could "check datasource" from planning area 'extras' path, and see if you get any issues.

2) Is data really stored in your KFs? May be possible that some macros run as default when you are in planning view, and hence you see values in view, but if you don't save data while coming out of the planning view, then this data is not saved in livecache.

While leaving the view if any data has changed, system would ask you if you would like to save the data. Please check this also.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pawan for your thoughts

Yes, i have checked the Datasource , repaired the datasource .

The values are getting saved in the planning book and i could see when i open the planning book.

Sudhakar

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakara,

if I summarize:

1) The data is indeed getting saved, and it's not some real time calculation when you load data in planning view

2) Datasource has been checked, repaired, and also the "hide field" option is not used for the particular KF in datasource definition

3) Many other KFs are getting extracted correctly

I would say we have mostly exhausted our options.

Some basic questions now. Let's see if we can progress further-

What KF are you trying to extract? In DP or SNP? If SNP, order series or time series KF?

Also, try once to replicate the datasource again.

Thanks - Pawan