Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

searching PA20 and authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

okay I have a user who is hopping mad that she can no longer display HR data via PA20 for her region. According to SUIM, the role hasn't had any org or auth changes since 2009 when it went into production.

I setup a test ID in my test environment with her access and sure enough no matter what I select to search by, PA20 return a no values for this selection. I assume that this transaction is needing to query or access a table to return this data. We did push through a bunch of critical action changes required by our external auditors to S_Develop and S_tabu_dis, but neither of these Auth object was in this roles. What would cause PA20 to not be able to search basis on its HR Master data parameters?

I had her run and SU53, which asked us to add P_Perner with I. that makes no sense, her role is to look at other's master data not her own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can run ST01 trace to see what exactly failed. IP_PERNR might not be authorization object which is causing your issue.

CHeers

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can run ST01 trace to see what exactly failed. IP_PERNR might not be authorization object which is causing your issue.

CHeers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - I assume you don't use structural authorizations, if that is not the case please state so.

I'd first try to add P_ORGIN with full access to the role, which is the most likely object restricting it.

If the typical ST01 Authorization Check Trace does not work try SM04 User> Trace> Activate (Detail)

There you may see the actual object not allowing the access for the specific infotype.

If there were any custom infotypes these could also cause the problem.

0 Kudos

Thank you Martin and Victor,

After running a trace, P_Perner and P_Orgin were at issue but neither was the issue that SU53 indicated. Users are currently testing and I hope to have them back up and running tomorrow.

Again, Thank you for pointing me in right direction.

Kris