cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install App crystal version 13.0.2000.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an application using the .NET 4.0 runtime using Visual Studio 2010. The development PC is Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I need to use .NET 4.0 because of features required for XML. When I attempt to deploy the application on a PC whose OS is Windows 7 64 Enterprise, the required .NET 4 runtime is installed and the Crsytal reporte runtime is also installed. The install fails with the error: Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that the assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel Version 13.0.2000.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first. It appears the latest version for download is 13.0.1... This issue appears to be common, but yet I can find no fix for it. Help, Please.

sshernandez-96
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Cordial saludo presento el siguiente error.

he realizado la instalación y registro de la librería Crystaldecisions.windows.forms.dll

pero aun presento con el error que muestral imagen.

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hello, While we're happy that you've come to SAP Community to get an answer to your question, you posted your question as an answer in an old thread.
I've converted your answer to a comment, but even so -- posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.
If you're looking for help, you should ask a new question: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.
Here are some tips to help you craft an effective question for our community: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/welcome-corner-discussions/advice-from-sap-champions-questions-a....
I encourage you to follow this guidance, as I'd really like to see you get a solution to your problem.
I hope you find this advice useful!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Install the [Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 SP1 .Redistributable 64 bit|http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_1.zip]|] on the server.

Compile the application targetting to the 64 bit platform and then deploy it on the server.

See if it still reproduces the issue.

Thanks,

Bhushan.

Edited by: Bhushan Hyalij on Nov 16, 2011 3:46 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have targetted the x64, recompiled and the same error is reproduced. I downloaded and installed the 64bit crystal runtime and .NET 4 runtime sepeartely. The install still tries to download the crystal runtime. I targetted the x86 and was able to install on Windows 7 32bit. There are hints on the net that Crystal has serious compatibility issues with .NET 4 and Windows 64 bit, but I can see no definitive statement as to if it really is incompatible. I need to install on x64.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I know what the issue is. It is Windows x64. No user has permission to add to the GAC, not even administrator. This also is a big problem found all over the NET, but no answer as to how to get assemblies into the GAC under WIN 7 64. I might have to call Microsoft, but $250 for a question???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rick,

I have a click once app that I'm deploying to a 64 bit Windows 7 machine and I'm getting the same error message you got over two years ago.

The only difference now is that CR for VS 2013 has come out and I'm manually deploying the SAP Crystal Reports runtime engine for .Net Framework (64-bit) to the client machine.

Were you ever able to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that every issue with Crystal Reports is solved by ensuring the Startup section of the  application.exe.config file looks like this:

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup>

I think the important statement is  useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true"

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Following blogs could be helpful

How to deploy a Crystal Reports .Net Web application on a 64 bit operating system?

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 - Deployment

If you are using Win App things would remain much similar to web app expect for app pool stuff..

Try compiling to use x86.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I have got the assemblies in the GAC.Copied cacls and gautil from the dev environment and forced permissions and mnaual install in GAC. App runs AOK until I goto creat a crystal report, then crashes 1st line of error is System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommLayer, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

The versions I am seeing on this site to download are 13.0.1., what is this 13.0.2000. Where do I download this from??

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

13.0.2000.0 is the assembly version. You'd see this in the GAC.

13.0.1.220 is the file version you see if you find the file and look at properties. The file is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet

Good luck,

- Ludek