SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting large numbers of Grant related transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I got a call about an entity that recently discovered that their accounting staff has been posting all the grant activity using ONE grant ID instead of posting to individual grants. The person who asked if I could work on this did not have a lot of information so I am making a lot of assumptions and trying to be ready when I hit the ground. I am thinking that the only way to fix this will be to reverse and re post the transactions but I am hoping someone has a better idea.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

There are reconciliation tools in GM, available in the IMG under:

Grants Management>Grantee Management>Actual and Commitment Update>Tools

You might test them and see if they determine the new grant.

If there is a huge number of documents to correct, you might consider other reassignment tools as well, for instance transactions FMCN and FMCT.

FMCN uses a derivation strategy, so you could configure FMDERIVE in order to derive and supply a valid grant number to the documents.

Check this note too:

[1609379 eassignment tools in Funds Management, which one to choose? |https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361706E6F7465735F6E756D6265723D3136303933373926]

Please let us know if this helps you

Kind regards

Mar