cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP mobile workflow app deployment - Afaria

0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me what (if any) role Afaria plays in SUP mobile workflow app deployment? I understand the role of Afaria - device management, deploying apps, etc, but hybrid mobile workflow apps aren't "normal" apps. Once the workflow container app is installed on the device, the mobile workflow apps run inside that container. In our pilot we are creating a handful of devices on the SUP server and then deploying the mobile workflow apps to the devices. Can Afaria help with that deployment, or is it sill managing devices with Afaria and deploying these workflow apps in SUP? If it is separate, that seems to be duplicating devices on both Afaria and SUP which seems like a maintenance headache.

I would appreciate any help someone could provide in clarifying this.

Thanks,

Jeff Mathieson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

brenton_ocallaghan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

The Mobile Workflow application is like any other app that runs on a mobile device, so to get it onto the user's device it would have to be either installed by them or put on the device using something like Afaria.

Once the Workflow Application is installed Afaria has nothing to do with getting SUP workflow applications onto the device. That is completely taken care on within the Mobile Workflow application & SUP. When you assign the Workflow to the device in SUP, the Workflow Application downloads the relevant files into the app and they run in the container.

So Afaria is good for getting the Mobile Workflow App (Container) onto the device but then SUP takes care of everything after that.

Hope that clears it up,

Thanks,

Brenton.

Answers (0)