Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS problem with deploying an ear file Port: -1

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

if I trie to deploy an ear file I get the error:

Check deploy mechanism. [INFO: 15.11.2011 19:03:14 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

Checking for SDM host... [INFO: 15.11.2011 19:03:20 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

Found SDM host: XXXX [INFO: 15.11.2011 19:03:25 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

SDM port not defined or not found [INFO: 15.11.2011 19:03:41 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

Looking for Deploy Controller deploy mechanism... [INFO: 15.11.2011 19:03:50 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

The host or port returned by the SAP System Registry is invalid: [ERROR: 15.11.2011 19:02:43 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

Host: XXXX [ERROR: 15.11.2011 19:02:55 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

Port: -1 [ERROR: 15.11.2011 19:03:03 /userOut/daView_category (eclipse.UserOutLocation) [Thread[Worker-8,5,main]] ]

Under Window -> Preferences -> SAP AS JAVA i added the sap system as default. But there i can't change a port.

And i trie to connect to a PI 7.11 SP4 system, so there isn't a SDM any more. I use the following studio:

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP13 PAT0000

The file i trie to deploy is the XPI Inspector from note 1514898.

How can I solve this issue? Any idea?

Best regards,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

better try with the compatible studio with version 7.11

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do you know where i can download this version? I didn't find it in the download portal.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is not due to the NWDS, since you can deploy to other servers. Therefore I suspect the problem is rather with the p4 port of the server in question.

Please make an attempt to execute this os command:

sapcontrol -host <HostName> -nr <InstNum> -function GetAccessPointList

I assume in the result when you execute this for the problematic server you won't see a port like 5XX04.

Hint: Test this also for servers where you can deploy to see the difference.

Please configure the access point settings for the server in question in the way that P4 port is available and try to deploy from NWDS afterwards. Unfortunately since I am not expert of this area I cannot provide by details about the how, but I hope this piece of information helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you are right, I have corrected the above link

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the very informativ link.

But now i got an other error:

Exception occurred during the 'deploy' operation.

Cause:Could not retrieve deployment system configuration for XXX. Please check if the system is running.

Exception:

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: Could not retrieve deployment system configuration for XXX. Please check if the system is running.

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getCurrentServerInfo(DeployerPlugin.java:95)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.DeployerPlugin.getClient(DeployerPlugin.java:166)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.j2ee.engine.deploy.view.util.UIUtils.getClient(UIUtils.java:230)

at com.sap.ide.eclipse.j2ee.engine.deploy.view.deploy.action.DeployAction$DeployActionJob.run(DeployAction.java:178)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

The system is running fine. Do I use the wrong version again? Is PAT0013 too new?

SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio

SAP Enhancement Package 1 for SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio 7.1 SP04 PAT0013

Build id: 201111010100

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthias,

Did you menaged to solved your problem? I've met the same problem.

At the same time I can deploy/undeploy to another servers, so it seems my NWDS is ok.

All servers are marked as started in Servers view.

Thanks,

Daniel

Edited by: Daniel Garbien on Jan 18, 2012 4:01 PM

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this thread you will find all versions:

Regards,

Ervin

Edited by: Ervin Szolke on Nov 16, 2011 12:19 PM

matthias_sander
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is only the link to the forum SAP NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI, formerly known as JDI).

Please correct it. Thank you.