cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA DB 1.00 Build 20 - Error import COPA Data with HANA STUDIO 1.00...

0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anyone tried loading data records to HANA DB 1.00 Build 20 from the CTL files provided in https://wiki.wdf.sap.corp/wiki/display/HANADemoenvironment/HowtoloadCOPAdata ?

It was work on HANA DB 1.00 Build 15 but not with New Build...

The procedure was exactly the same

The creation of Tables is done but i have this error with import data with each csv files:

Command with HANA Studio (Build 20):

load from '/tmp/export/TCURT.ctl' threads 4 batch 1000;

Error:

Could not execute 'load from '/tmp/export/TCURT.ctl' threads 4 batch 1000'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [257]: sql syntax error: line 1 (at pos 3643214585)

I tried also: load from '/tmp/export/TCURT.ctl' -> same error...

We have all privileges on the tmp folder and files

I tried also to copy new data from source...

Do you have an idea?

Thanks for advance for help .

Best regards,

Eric MG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks all for your answer

I try with another Build 18...

And the COPA data are imported successfully

Just one remark concerning the license with 1.00 Build 20, the license are temporary and we see it in the Properties of our SID (we can install a Temporary license Key)

But with Build 18, we can see the license... we have an message: "Licensing functionality is not active in this SAP HANA database"

Do we have an limitations or restriction date?

Because i see also this message with Build 15 and now we can't install this Build (15), we have always an error on start DB (see in trace fodler) : 'can't retrieve a Valid License'

Best regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

I was able to reproduce the error in a 1.00.20.355749 (DB + Studio) environment. Syntax error for LOAD FROM. Furthermore, when I try to import the CSV via File->Import->SAP HANA Studio->Tables, the column for "Format" (in former builds you could choose between binary and csv) is empty and not editable now.

I have follow up with the development to find out if this is a bug or a (removed) feature. I'll let you know...

--Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

it works for me HANA 1.0 SP2 R18 but R20 means SP3

I don't have access for that SP3 right now, by the way did you installed SAP Client tools also Build 20? in Server and Studio also.

thanks

rao

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

LOAD TABLE command was not public - full syntax was never mentioned in any SAP guide on help.sap.com or Market Place (except SAP HANA Pocketbook-DRAFT). Therefore it is SAP internal syntax that can be changed anytime. And I guess this is what happened. Command is either deprecated or having different syntax.

If you need to import CVS file I would suggest to use official way - either IMPORT command (which was also not very public before but since SP03 it is mentioned in SQL Script Guide) or best using SAP HANA Studio import functionality (just be sure you use CVS as type of file).

You can find explanation of both ways in this blog:

Tomas

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

alternative explanation can be that you HANA Studio is not fine... it would be good if more people can test this to validate if this is related to rev. 20.

Unfortunately I do not have access to SP03 (still is ramp-up only) and so I cannot validate myself.

DevCenter HANA systems were just updated - maybe those who have access can try...

Tomas

Norman_May
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hallo,

LOAD FROM is replaced by IMPORT with SPS3. The SQL Reference available since today documents the command - see service.sap.com/hana.

Best regards, Norman

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was able to successfully use the LOAD FROM mmand in R18 , but in R21 - it was giving me an error . Very frustrating till I stumbled here . It was giving me an JDBC 257 error .

I see that I have to use IMPORT FROM .

as such where do I find the the meanings of error codes ?

Edited by: Rajarshi Muhuri on Nov 27, 2011 2:33 AM

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

keywords infile does not work with the "IMPORT FROM" command either

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The .ctl file contained

INTO <schema>.<tablename>

FROM <filename.csv>

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ';'