cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Components Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had recieved one request from Client to Upgrade GTS from 8.0 to 10.0 on ECC 6.0 EHP4 system

But according to SAP the central components (SAP_ABAP, SAP_BASIS,PI_BASIS, SAP_BW) should be on EHP2 version (702).

Since I am having ECC 600 with EHP4 my central components (SAP_ABAP, SAP_BASIS,PI_BASIS, SAP_BW) are on 701.

I know one way to do it.. i.e Upgrade the system to EHP5 using EHP Upgrade. that will automatically take all my central components to 702, But doing this will also make me do upgrade to SAP_APPL, EA_APPL to 605 version.

Is there any other way, where i can do the upgrade only for central components without upgrading the rest of the components.

I mean like SPAM (SAP Basis 701 to SAP Basis 702) etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already have GTS 8.0 Installed on ERP 6.0 EHP4.

I want this to be upgraded to GTS 10.0, I just want to know if there is any other alternative apart from Upgrading to entire system to EHP?

In short just want to upgrade the Central Components (BASIS,ABAP,BW and PI_BASIS).

Kindly respond, this is urgent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As I already explained, you can upgrade individual components like SAP_Basis, SAP_ABA etc. but the dependent components also have to be upgraded one after one. If you miss any dependencies in the upgrade process, it will lead to inconsistencies.

Hope it answers your query.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

>

> As I already explained, you can upgrade individual components like SAP_Basis, SAP_ABA etc. but the dependent components also have to be upgraded one after one. If you miss any dependencies in the upgrade process, it will lead to inconsistencies.

>

> Hope it answers your query.

>

> Thanks,

> Siva Kumar

I think you guys are getting confused. GTS server is based upon Neyweaver system. So, in order to upgrade to GTS 10.0 on Netweaver stack, you have to upgrade it to EHP2 level. But if you have installed GTS server on ECC system itself then you need to upgrade it to EHP2 level that means corresponding usage type of ECC system need to be upgrade to EHP5 level as well.

Now, you need to upgrade plug-in on your ECC system and GTS 10.0 supports 4.7 to EHP4 as per link I have given you above. So, there you need not to upgrade to EHP5, just upgrade plugin according to your release.

Please read the link I have given you earlier.

Hope it clear now.

Thanks

Sunny

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to upgrade to GTS 10.0, you need Netweaver EHP2 and GTS Plug in on EHP4 system.

GTS 10.0 will be on Netweaver EHP2 system and GTS 10.0 plugin can be installed on EHP4 system.

Please check below guide:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0024bb74-4d4e-2e10-82ad-ff2ccb79a...

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Unfortunately there is no alternative in your case. You have to upgrade your ERP system to EHP5 from EHP4 to go from release 701 to 702.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please disregard my previous post.

I think you can install GTS8.0 on EHP4 also. Please take a look at the below link.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=DISP_NEW&0020068250000000...

You can upgrade central components from SAINT but the dependent components also need to be upgraded. SAP recommends stack upgrade instead of individual components upgrades to avoid inconsistencies.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar