Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict view buiseness area and profit center

former_member220071
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have requirement that for particular user we need to restrict to view only one Business Area ( we have total 6 Business Area ) in standard T-code (e.g FBL3N,FBL5N)

Please let me know how to do this.

We tried certain authorization objects, but it won't help us to restrict user.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhijit

5 REPLIES 5

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use tcode su24 and check for tcodes FBL3N,FBL5N which all objects have check flag = Y. Authorization checks will be done for only those objects.

If business area is not one of the objects for check flag= Y then necessary checks will not be performed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

0 Kudos

Dear Deepak/Prashant,

Thanks for your reply , as you said i checked object in SU24, but it won't help us.User get all Business area despite it is not mentioned in his Authorization Object.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhijit

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit

Please check below documentation from help.sap.com:

" You can protect the user activities that affect accounting documents from different viewpoints. On the one hand, you can specify the organizational units (such as company code, business area) in which an employee may post or display a document. On the other hand, you can define authorization for posting and processing documents from the point of view of the accounts.

You should note the following special features of authorization objects for accounting documents:

With automatic postings, the system does not carry out an authorization check for business areas and accounts. Therefore, these authorizatons only take effect with manually-entered line items.

Authorizations for document types and business areas are not taken into consideration for display functions and for reporting. That is, line items are always displayed in lists for all document types and for all business areas.

Line items for which an employee has no authorization are suppressed when displaying and changing documents. The system indicates the missing authorization with a message.

The authorization check for business areas is carried out when posting and changing documents, but not when displaying them. You use this authorization check for posting and changing, to avoid incorrect entries."

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/en/d6/eb2c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

Please check with functional people on configuration settings as well because I searched and found that in IMG there is option "Activate display authorization for business area" which needs to be activated as applicable.

I hope in consultation with functional guys you would be able to come up with desired solution.

Best Regards

Prashant

0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Thank you very much for link you given it is very useful to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Abhijit

former_member204634
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This should be the auth object you are looking for F_BKPF_GSB - it contains org field GSBER (business areas)

Best Regards

Prashant