cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call BAPI with SUP iOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts

I am now developing a sample iPhone App which call BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL and get company data and show on it.

But I don't know how can i pass the company code as input parameter to call this BAPI from Objective-C program.

now I sat this MBO to online as cache policy, because company detail data is decided, only if company id is given.

maybe if I propagate company id as load parameter, this will be fine.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts

This is a self-reply.

Online cache policy is only for workflow, so on-demand is right for this case.

Regards,

Edited by: Takayoshi Osawa on Nov 16, 2011 11:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Finally I understood it.

Originally Native application's query is retrieved only from device local database. so all data you need should be cached before query.

I created two MBO and connected them by one-to-one relation.

the company id which is retrieved from list bapi is propagated to detail bapi then company detail data is retrieved, then I got all detail data.

BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST

BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To add it to your answer, It might not be optimal in some cases to just create another MBO to just fetch the Company Code as in your example and connect it as an input to the other MBO. Creating an MBO will create a seperate Table with the MBO name as table name in the client(iphone) local database.

There are better ways to do it. You can create a personalization parameter in the SUP workspace and then link it to the company code in Load Parameters.

While in the code, you can create a personalizationKey Instance by [PersonalizationClassName getInstance] and then make use of the personalization key you defined and set it an appropriate value and then wait for the Notification to occur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiranpk1988,

Thank you for your reply.

I also thought of the personalization key and the load parameter. but to change the personalization parameter effects asynchronous and does not change local cache soon.

I thought that the personalization key is not good for request-response base architecture, but good only for setting the limit of EIS data under asynchronous condition.

Regards

Answers (0)