cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why create transport group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus,

We create transport groups in SLD and assign respective BS in that (Source and Target) so that when transporting the objects,

the corresponding BS should point to respective system (QA or PRD).

Is this is the only reason why we create transport groups or without creating the groups we also can transport the objects.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We define groups of BS and transport targets so that we can map and manage each part of SLD independently. We use BS to distinguish between different parts of system landscape. With transport targets, we map the names of BS in different BS groups to each other. It is important that transport targets are correctly defined so that objects can be transported from the Integration Directory. BS from all Integration Directory involved in the transport can only be correctly assigned to each other if we use transport targets.

Regards,

Krishna Chauhan

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Is this is the only reason why we create transport groups or without creating the groups we also can transport the objects.

You could see [this |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/23572] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];for understanding.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transport Groups allow you to divide your system landscape into parts that are applied in different ways. Groups allow to divide BS for different areas of use (for example development, testing and production) and assign an Integration Server to each group.

Without Transport Groups, you can't set a BS as a Transport Target of an another BS.

Transport targets are the names of business systems that correspond to each other but which are located in different business system groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this is the only reason why we create transport groups

to avoid to rewrite manually in QA a complete flow, eventually with BPM(s) and several senders / receivers, that's for me an enough reason to win time and to avoid new error due to a bad manual action...in QA... but also after that in PROD (which will be worst)

or without creating the groups we also can transport the objects.

without a transport group, in the best behaviour (if it's best), you have in QA a flow with Dev systems... but I think now (I wish) with SolMan / CTS you should have an error in your transport (tx STMS).

That's funny, I never tested it.... perhaps, because I don't want to rewrite a complete flow

regards

Mickael