cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR not required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

If it is cement or power industry after confirmation they want to sell the product directly without GR to store.

SO my point is that what will happened if I complete the process without GR.It will create any problem related costing/stock/any thing.

If GR is compulsory then what can I do in back ground it will post at the time of confirmation.

Please explain me briefly.

Thanks

Alok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Just doing Yield confirmation without GR will cause Costing and Stock issues besides others.

No GR means the stock of the finished goods are not updated in the stores and so cannot be used to post goods issue (PGI) during delivery as part of sales.

Also this means the total actual cost accumulated against the order is not getting updated with the receipts that could have happened because of GR for the finished goods.

So avoiding GR is not an option. Rather, GR can be automated.

This can be achieved either through Routing or material master.

Control Key assigned to an operation in a routing can help in auto GR. Standard Key PP03 or a new one tailor made through OPJ8 can facilitate auto GR.

The second option is by assigning the Production Schedule Profile (OPKP - with auto GR option ticked ) to material master directly(Work Scheduling View) or through Production Scheduler which in turn is linked to the material.

In both the case, the auto GR setting is inherited by the corresponding production order and triggers auto GR during confirmation.

Does this help.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Costing and stock figures will not be correct , if the material is sold without GR in the system.Auto GR can be triggered at confirmation of an operation by flagging ' Auto GR' in its control key (OPJ8). Auto GR can also be triggered through prod sched profile (OPKP)

With regards,

Mrinal