cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade path to NW2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is all set to Go Live on NW2004 (ECC5.0) Now instead of upgraing to NW2004s (ECC6.0), I would like to know the upgrade path to NW2007 which will be released in yesr 2007. Can I get information about the upgrade path to NW2007 from NW2004?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, you will be able to upgrade for 2004 to 2007. 2007 is slated for ramp-up starting in Q3.

Keep in mind that NW2004s is a MAJOR release for SAP's enterprise BI / EDW solution, BI in SAP NetWeaver 2004s, while 2007 will be a relatively minor release for BI.

Regards -

Ron Silberstein

SAP

Message was edited by: Ronald Silberstein

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ron,

Thought of clarifying the question again:

1: Would this be a One Step upgrade (from NW2004 TO NW 2007) or Two Step Upgrade (from NW2004 to NW2004s and then to NW2007)?

2: May I get some white papers/documents that I can share with customer or for internal purpose? May I request you to send me the same to my SAP email ID g.huzurbazar@sap.com

3: May I request you to let me know the right channel for 2007 ramp up? I will reach the same and see if my customer can be considered for the same.

Thanks and lot and regards

Girish Huzurbazar

SAP Consulting (India)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Some clarification.

The name and release dates of SAP NetWeaver in 2007 have not been officially communicated by SAP yet.

1. All indications at this time show that it will be a one-step upgrade from SAP NetWeaver '04.

2. There are no official documents that can be shared at this time.

3. There are no channels for 2007 ramp-up at this time as it has not yet been announced. Channels will be announced along with the official ramp-up information.

The latest releases of ERP are hardly "old-school", especially the service architecture it unlocks and with new features such as ABAP Web Dynpro and the new financial G/L. The new features in BI really serve to enhance the analytical capabilities of the latest ERP and all SAP NetWeaver releases.

Best Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt,

It will be nice if you can share the site where ramp-up related info for 2007 will be shared, I will keep monitoring.

Regards

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

Ramp-up information may be found on the Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/rampup.

Best Regards,

Matt

Answers (0)