cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in validating UI fields from context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear All,

My requirement is i want to validate the UI fields from context,not from code i dont know how to start please help me anyone.I am new to WebDynpro Java

Thank You!

Edited by: Rama krishna.T on Nov 15, 2011 12:49 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly is your requirement?

I don't think there is a way to validate fields on context, but if you're referring to 'required' fields, just set the input field property to true and upon submitting your data it will check whether all required fields are filled.

Other than that, I don't see a way to validate input without coding these validation

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could please explain your scenario.

If you are talking about using calculated attributes, check this [help.sap|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_tm80/helpdata/de/7f/a0384162316532e10000000a1550b0/content.htm] document.

Regards,

Anand G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply Anand and Robin,

i have to check the UI fields are empty or provided by valid data or not.But this should be done from Context not from Code.

Edited by: Rama krishna.T on Nov 15, 2011 1:54 PM

Edited by: Rama krishna.T on Nov 15, 2011 1:55 PM

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checking if fields are empty can be done without coding, just set the 'state' property of the respective UI input elements to true. This will add an asterisk to any bound labels indicating it's required, and the framework will then display a message upon submitting your data -- no code needed.

However, to check whether 'valid' data is entered -- what is valid data? -- I see no way to do achieve this without coding