cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Extended WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I used to implement Material management then Implement WM which is a component in the ERP , But now there is a client wants to implement EWM , What I know that there are only two choices :

1. Install ECC - ERP and install the EWM Addon

2. Install SCM EWM 7.0

- So is this mean that I should first implement MM them Implement EWM ? , with another way " Could I Implement EWM without Inventory Transactions in Inventory Management Module " ?

- Please provide me with documents and links to guide me how to implement EWM only with out MM transactions , and If it not possible could I only use " Non SAP ERP System " to be alternative of MM Module ?

Thanks in Advanced

Best Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear , 

EWM can be independent of ERP , coupled to ERP , can be part of SCM as well.

Below screen shot for your kind perusal.

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jinoy, are you agree below architecture?  I think for a enterprise, we have a ERP system normally, but we maybe installed a addon EWM system firstly, then maybe need to implement more EWM system according to business expansion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have multiple EWM warehouses in the ERP instance as well to support your business needs , adding SCM , setting up of  EWM on same, independently might incur higer IT cost  as well.

Please clarify precise reason as why you are looking for such architecture.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yilong,

Same question as by jinoy, what is the reason for wanting a new EWM standalone system? currently there is a EWM system addon to your ERP.

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jinoy and TW. Thanks Juergen.

I have read note 1606493. Currently, there is a EWM system addon to my ERP. there are several warehouses run on the ERP instance. I start to condider someday the hardware might be full. and some warehouses was far from the server location that means network problem might affect the service. I want to get possible solutions and experiences for my system here. By the way, my EWM system version is 701.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, my old scn account has been deleted without any reason. for example, I have implemented the EWM as addon in south China, there are several warehouse in the EWM instance. Today, my business have expand to Africa. the network stability and speed will be a problem. I think I need implement a new EWM isntance and content server locally. Do you agree?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP SAP,

In both scenario's you describe EWM has been design to integrate to one or more ERP systems as a decentralised system even as an add on.

EWM does not explisitally need SAP MM to operate but the ERP system/s SAP or other will require material management functionallity to be present.

The MM module will be required in the ERP system (in both scenario's) to allow the creation of deliveries and the management of inventory (quantity& value) and associated funtions such as ATP checks. If a non SAP ERP is being integrate with then the equivalent MM functionallity will be required to enable the ERP to take orders , "manage ineventory" and invoice.

Thanks James

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear James

I have another qustion, I have a ERP system with EWM system as addon, now we want to install another distrubuted EWM system with the existed ERP system, I guess SAP can support this implement, but not sure, how do you think? that means one ERP system can support one addon and many distributed EWM at the same time.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you ever read note 1606493?

Brgds

Juergen