Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Report Issue: JAVA Data is missing in report

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am experiencing a problem where the EWA report for a specific system is successfully getting generated and sent. Howerver, it is been observed that in that reports, the details about JAVA server is missing. By the way this system is ABAP+JAVA system.

May I know what are the initial areas to be checked to correctly analyse the issue? I need to start diagnosing this problem right from the beginning. Therefore, the step-bystep help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you hav particular data missing, pls check out this

Note 1332428 - Missing data in service sessions from BI/CCDB

And are you noticed any error anywhere?

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In a dual stack system you must perform a manged system setup. It's not optional..

ABAP sends its data via SDCCN and via an RFC data can be writtien to the service session.

Java does not know about RFCs and requires Solution Manager Diagnostics to write the Java data directly to the BI.

Then there is an RFC from the BI that can transfer the Java data to the Service Session that will in turn be processed by SM:EXEC SERVICES onc ethe data is collected and processed into a rated EWA report.

So when you are missing Java data in the EWA report you must first make a determination to know how to branch your trouble shooting efforts. The first thing that needs to be checked is - did the Java data get written to the BI???

You do this in Solman_workcenter > RCA > E2E Analysis. Here you can select the system (SID). Now the settings are important.

You must select Custom Time Frame. Then you can specify a Date range. This date ranhge should be the same 7 day period that appears on the cover page of the EWA ( when Opened in Word format). This is also important and often overlooked is that the granularity needs to be changed from 'hour' to 'DAY'. Then you can click on the Workload analysis. You should see a filled graph,,,it should not be blank, and the KPI on the left should have values and not 'N/A'.

If there is no data here then it is a failure of Solution Manager Diagnostics to collect the data used for the Java portion of the EWA, be it a dual stack or pure Java. However if it is pure Java, chances are it will be grey rated as it will not be able to create a useful report. At least when there is ABAP data, a useful report can be generated, however missing the Java data. So typically this is seen in dual stack systems, where the EWA generates, but some or all the java data is missing from the report.

So if the data is missing in the Workload Analysis, the Note Jansi provided should be helpful, as that is for systems SP 18 and above. The other note provided 976054 is the right one if you are on SP17 and lower, and I haven't seen any that low for ages. If there is data available in the Workload Analysis, then chances are it is due to missing authorizations for the user in the RFC destination, so those would need to be checked in that case.

It usually is a problem with the data missing in the Worklaod Analysis. So the best bet is to downlaod SAP Note 1332428 and detach the pdf file TroubleShootingGuideEhP1.pdf, as that is your best resource for T/S these issues relating to missing Java data. But please don't use SAP Note 976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components unless you are on Support Package 17 or lower.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks again for such a nice explanation

However, a small query:

following is the excerpt from the document in the note suggested by Jansi.

2.1	Data Collection
Data for the EWA is collected centrally in the SMD for Garbage Collection Analysis (EWA GCA Task). This task is maintained in the standard framework of scheduled tasks within the SMD. In the SMD, navigate to Diagnostics Administration -> Managed Systems -> Scheduler.

May you please tell me if I have to look for this link in solution manager or managed system?

In solution manager, I am unable to find this link. May you please help me going to "Scheduler" ?

Regards,

Faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

This data is written directly to the BI by SMD. The BI is by default on Solution Manager.. Solution Manager can be configurted to

use a central BI, however thre data will not be in the BI of the Managed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to get the last reply. May you please help me reach the "Scheduler" as shown in the document?

Regards,

Faisal

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The navigation is in the quote you provied.

In the SMD, navigate to Diagnostics Administration -> Managed Systems -> Scheduler.

???

Regards,

Paul

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PAul,

Thanks for your reply.

I am working on SAP Solman EHP1. I dont see such option. can you please help me?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

go to Workcenter, navigate to Root cause analysis tab, under there you have Extractor Framework, check for your relevant system, check the RFC SOLMANDIAG in SM59 and also the BI cube corresponding to it available in the detail view of any of the job for the system.

Did you setup Diagnostics for this system , since its a ABAP+ JAVA you will need it before you can get complete data in EWA.

Regards,

Kaustubh.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I could successfully see the results in "Workload Analysis" of a pure JAVA system (just to check and repeat the same steps for XIP-JAVA system which is actually causing problem).

Later I genereated an EWA report for this pure JAVA system and it did give me details of JAVA server.

May you please help me understand the below:

1. The EWA gave me the details like the latest SP to be upgraded, GC Maximum CPU utilization etc. May you please tell me the exhaustive list of things ideally a JAVA EWA report should show?

2. Is getting the details in "Workload Analysis" means that the performance data is properly being pulled from the JAVA managed system to SOLMAN?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can get the sample EWA reports for java here

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/ewa -> media library-> sample for Java systems st..

and answer for your query is yes, workload analysis shows the data direct from your java.

Thanks,

Jansi

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your reply.

Does it mean that the EWA report I have got for the JAVA system (as explained above) is the correct and reliable one?

Or do I have to do anything more on that?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would suggest you to check the EWA for Non-ABAP system documentation attached to SAP Note 976054.

It has the relevant steps and troubleshooting venues as well.

Regards,

Srikishan