cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle managment Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are thinking of using Oracle management server to monitor our SAP oracle databases , we noticed in the SAP Oracle 11 upgrade manual Upgrade to Oracle Database 11g Release 2 (11.2): UNIXBased on Oracle Patch Set Release 11.2.0.2 that SAP states that we need to Make sure that the Configure the database with Enterprise Manager is not selected and choose Next.

Before you start it, This means that SAP does not want us to use OEM . Can we install Oracle Management server and use it to monitor the databases or will it cause any issues if we install the oracle agent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Running OEM is permitted but we might not get support !! , how do I make sure that I contibue to get support if I install OEM and use it for monitoring and administration

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is an extract from SAP note shared by Orkun.

The use of the Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) in the SAP environment is permitted, that is, the support contract with SAP is not at risk if you use the OEM.

For further information about the OEM, see Note 355770.

However, SAP does not provide active support for OEM problems. SAP Customers, who obtained their license from Oracle directly, should contact Oracle directly if they have problems with the OEM. SAP Customers, who obtained their Oracle license from SAP, should open a relevant message in the SAP Support System if problems arise. SAP Support will forward this message directly to Oracle.

However, the BR*Tools are still the recommended tools for DBA tasks in the SAP environment. SAP provides direct support for these tools.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rayyan,

Running "Enterprise Manager" is permitted by SAP. On the other hand, SAP may not give a support, if any problem occurs on the database caused by Enterprise Manager (OEM). Under this circumstance, it is better to use BR*Tools and standard SAP tools, instead of OEM

Check the note 386413 - Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) in the SAP environment

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please teach me how to configue EM and how to logon the webpage about 11g?