Did you mean: 

Design Steps Required!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give me your integration expereince w.r.t XI for following scenario:

Base idea is:

File->RFC->Mail(Workflow)

1. File will come with CSF(Comma Separated Field) and having Mulitple HeaderData with Associated Line items.

ex: H1........

L1....

H2.....

L2...

I need to call BAPI for each headerdata with associated line items . Lastly I would catch RFC return response through mail adapter (if any error occurs).

FYI: I need to split each header data with associated line items and then map to RFC.

This is like overall planning.

Can you give me technical over view and technical components required for this scenario.

It would appreciate and helpful for me.

Thanks,

Regards

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanakr,

1. Content Conversion needed in the File adapter.

2. BPM needed and a 1: N split needed in your BPM, to split file into multiple RFC request.

3. Send the RFC request in a loop inside a block with an exception handling block.

4. If an exception arises , then send the mail , else do what you want with the response of the rfc correspondingly.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your ideas..let me know some of my clarifications abt your aswers.

>>>BPM needed and a 1: N split needed in your BPM, to split file into multiple RFC request.

Why would i require 1:N split for BPM, because right now my file having multiple headers and lineitems...each header data with assosicated line items whold call same bapi call..it means i thought N:1..(but i am not sure)..

even i tried call to 1:1 , it is working fine.

>> Send the RFC request in a loop inside a block with an exception handling block.

can you give me clear idea abt block and exception handing ..

>> If an exception arises , then send the mail , else do what you want with the response of the rfc correspondingly.

i tried this..but little bit difficult to catch exceptions..probably i may wrong with configure properties..becuase i never worked in exception handling..

regards

sankar

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Why would i require 1:N split for BPM, because right now my file having multiple headers and lineitems...each header data with assosicated line items whold call same bapi call..it means i thought N:1..(but i am not sure)..</i>

I think you had mistake what Bhavesh said, the input is 1 message(assuming all input records are 1 message after content conversion) but you need to call the BAPI N times so you need to have 1:N split.

Refer this blog for exception handling part

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm

this one for raising exception in graphical mapping

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/01/26/throwing-smart-exceptions-in-xi-graphical-mapping

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakash..

I got it noww..i am trying to do this.

can you have any useful links for mail configurations and BPM design links for useful my scenario..please send those..!

Current my BPm wouldn't call multiple header data ....its treating like the file having one header and remiing are line items..!becuase my header data is 1:1 data type in rfc side..!so i cant read more than once from file..!

do u have any idea how to chnage my BPM according call eachheaders and after associated lie items..!

regrds..sankar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, not necessarily he will need to call BAPI n times, given that the BAPI support multiple inlines (multiple table entries) and has some sort of loop logic inside it.

But it's either a loop in XI or a loop in the BAPI. If the loop is in XI, then map 1:n and call bapi n times. If the loop is in BAPI, then map 1:1 (no BPM needed) and call bapi 1 time.

I'd recommend the second method.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

thanks for your inputs..

>>.If the loop is in XI, then map 1:n and call bapi n times. If the loop is in BAPI, then map 1:1 (no BPM needed) and call bapi 1 time.

yes ,loop in xi only .i need to design BPM for call bapi multiple times for each header data and associated line tiems..!

current my BPM calling line items multiple times only, but it unable to call header data as multiple times..!!becuase its making 1:1 occurnces in BAPI structure...

its calling first row as header and remaing rows treatd as line itmes..!!

some where i need to give idetify header data logic in BPM...where should i?

regards

sankar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sankar,

if you design your bapi with a loop, it will process each header data/associated line itens separately, each of them in a loop run.

As for your message, it appears that the file content conversion was not executed successfully. Define all your header nodes as header fields in the record structure.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks..pinto1

>>if you design your bapi with a loop, it will process each header data/associated line itens separately, each of them in a loop run.

As you mentioned BAPI with a loop would solve this issue..but I am not pretty good in writing BAPI or implement logic in this..!

>> As for your message, it appears that the file content conversion was not executed successfully. Define all your header nodes as header fields in the record structure.

After I mentiod heade fields in record structure only getting header values...!

i dint find any wrong in here.!

Regards

Sankar

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you enter the headers .fieldNames parameter (for each header)?

Check out this link for the file content conversion: /people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/29/java-mapping-part-i

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks pinto...

your timely help..

probably this link will help me for resolve this issue...already i have configured some parameters for file content conversion for single header and with associated line items..its working fine ..

now input file coming with multiple headers with associated line items...

Regards

sankar

Answers (0)