cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about variant in va00 condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there:

I know it is necessary to maintain va00 conditin for configurable material, but I am wondering how variant comes in va00 condition, do I need to create them before maintaining condition for va00? Otherwise how do they come?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

The variant condition VA00 works on basis of particular characteristics that you would maintain in sales order.

Lets say that characteristic is ZCHAR and class is 300. when maintaining the charactistic values for this particular characteristic, you need to also maintain data in "Addl Data" tab. following needs to be maintained there :

Table Name - SDCOM , Field Name - VKOND.

Next you would need to write a dependency that would be linking this characteristic ZCHAR and variant condition VA00.

Regards,

Kanwardeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there:

Thanks for your answer but I want to be more specific.

The variant condition VA00 works on basis of particular characteristics that you would maintain in sales order.

Lets say that characteristic is ZCHAR and class is 300. when maintaining the charactistic values for this particular characteristic, you need to also maintain data in "Addl Data" tab. following needs to be maintained there :

Table Name - SDCOM , Field Name - VKOND.

I think the point is to write dependency here,let's say if ZCHAR has three values:red,blue,yellow, and the condition should be this way, red 1 USD,blue 2 USD, yellow 3 USD,so here dependencies should be$self.ZCHAR='red',$self.ZCHAR='blue',$self.ZCHAR='yellow'? Then once go to vk11 to create condition, then we need to created three variants and they are red, blue , yellow? Respective price will be 1,2,3?

Next you would need to write a dependency that would be linking this characteristic ZCHAR and variant condition VA00.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there updates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In trasaction CU50, when you select the value for the charecteristic you can define the varaint key.Second button from left "Assign varaint condition". Then this varaint you should assign in VK11 for the condition type VA00. When you create the sale order and put the configurable material in the sales order and if you select the particular charecteristic value assigned in CU50 to the variant you will get the value for the varaint maintained in VK11.

Regards

Aadesh Kamat

mithu_mukhejee
Participant
0 Kudos

yes you are correct..

for $self.ZCHAR='red' in cu01 once the dependency has been created ,you need to assign this dependency name in ZCHAR,then in VK11 red will be update with the price 1.

that will trigger in your transaction document..

VA00 is not a character...its a variant condition type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

updates?

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer following link from SAP help on

- [Creating a Variant Condition for Pricing|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dbm700/helpdata/en/d1/4ecc3aa839b11be10000000a11402f/content.htm]

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Allen Qiu2010,

After creating Characteristic and class. Maintain Condition type VA00 in your pricing procedure. You can go to new enterie in your pricing procedure and maintain VA00.

Now go to T.code VK11 AND maintain the record for VA00.

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards

Sandip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Allen,

You have to configure the total variant configuration,you have to create the characteristics for the material and need assign those characteristics to class and same class should be assigned to the material at classification view, then maintain the condition record for those characteristics.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I knew that we need to create characteristics and classification first, but the variant in va00 condition seemed not to be same as them, if it needs to be created, how to do it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In VA00 condition you will maintain price for characteristic values.

EX; You created one characteristic with Tyres in that you maintained values like Radial,Normal,Tube less and with tube

so in your condition record for VA00 you will maintain for

Radial - 10,000

Normal - 7,000

Tube less - 9,000

with tube - 6,000

like this you will maintain,as per the selection in sales order particular value will come in to pricing procedure.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds that variant in va00= characteristics+value I knew characteristics can be created via ct04,value can be populated when placing sales order, but I meant which transaction to create variant in va00 since it is not just a characteristic but a combination between characteristic plus its value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the variant need to be created. After that (assuming you have a condition table in your access sequence that has the variant field), you create the condition records in transaction VK11.