cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy of ABAP + JAVA Add In

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have a requirement where I need to perform system copy from Prod to QA.

My production SAP release is ECC 6.0 EHP4 + EP 7.01/Oracle 10.2.0.4/Windows 2003

SID of the ABAP stack is CBP

SID of the JAVA stack is CJP

DB SID is CBP.

Schema user for ABAP: SAPSR3

schema user for JAVA: SAPCJPDB

I have already taken the offline backup and also exported the Java system. I would like to know whether I could follow the standrad copy method of doing backup/restore method and do the import of Java system using the exported data.

Now my concern is having different SID's for ABAP & JAVA. Will SAPinst allows me to enter two different SID's or is there ant other method to perform the system copy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know whether I could follow the standrad copy method of doing backup/restore method and do the import of Java system using the exported data.

Yes you could follow the above procedure.

Now my concern is having different SID's for ABAP & JAVA. Will SAPinst allows me to enter two different SID's or is there ant other method to perform the system copy.

Import via SAPInst allows you to provide the SID as well.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks for your response.

In the sapinst should I select BASED on ABAP & JAVA or do I need to select separately like Based on ABAP first and then Based on JAVA.

Br

Rakesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would suggest ABAP and Java import seperately as your system has different SIDs for ABAP/Java but same database.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

But when I restore the backup it would also restore the tablespace for Java system as well. Because the database is same for both JAVA & ABAP.

Br

Rakesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, so while running SAPInst (for both ABAP and Java) - it would ask if an existing database is to be used. Select the same DB for both imports.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

Thanks again for your response.

Could we change the schema user name using backup restore method. Because in my case the schema user name for Java system is SAPCJPDB in prod and SAPCJQDB in QA.

Br

Rakesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPinst should do that I think.

Thanks

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you use the backup/restore method, you will still need to use SAPINST to export/import the JAVA schema. When doing this, it will hange the schema name for you on the JAVA part.

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No,

change of schema owner works only for export / import in Oracle.

Changing the schema owner in a restored DB (as like in SQL-Server) does not work (yet) for Oracle.

So your copy is effectively a ABAP copy backup/restore

and after this you need to fake a backup/restore copy to accept an MCOD installl environment.

Not so sure if this really works, never done this so far.

As the j2ee DB is usually small, consider to do a j2ee db-export for the copy in addtion.

Should not take all too long.

You can drop the j2ee schema out of the systemcopied ABAP QA System, drop the TS

and do a "normal" j2ee load based MCOD copy for j2ee.

This will allow you to change the j2ee schema as well.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks so much for your reply.

You are asking me to perform the following steps.

Start the import using BASED ON ABAP system and select backup restore method from sapinst.

restore the backup which will include TS of both ABAP and JAVA.

once the import is completed.

Drop the TS of Java system

start the import using based on JAVA system and used the exported dump.

Do you have any procedure for MCOD based copy?

Br

Rakesh K

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Start the import using BASED ON ABAP system and select backup restore method from sapinst.

> restore the backup which will include TS of both ABAP and JAVA.

> once the import is completed.

> Drop the TS of Java system

Hi,

correct up to here.

I think brtools will not allow you to drop the TS unless it is empty, so you might need to drop the J2EE user first.

I think there was a note describing how to manually remove a j2ee Stack from a dualstack system.

(Note 1259982 - UNIX:Deleting an SAP System Based on NW 7.1 and Higher)

Or it is also in an older Version of an Installation guide.

Effectively it was possible to remove the j2ee part without stopping the ABAP part

The procedure in this case should be similar, but for you on the ABAP copied system, you only need

to remove the DB part, as the j2ee Part is not installed in the ABAP copy.

So you only need to get rid of the unwanted j2ee DB part.

Second:

The J2ee "EXPORT" consists of two exports.

One DB export of the j2ee schema, which you did not do yet, as far as I understood.

And the JAVA Export, which will replace the SAP J2EE DVD in the systemcopy.

You need to have both in sync, means taken at the same time, so I think you need to redo this.

(Systemcopy - load based export for the j2ee system)

There is no special installation procedure with MCOD. You start the Systemcopy import and choose the existing ABAP

ORACLE_HOME and SID for the DB. This will do an MCOD installation automaticly for the second system.

Check the Systemcopy guide and the Instguide carefully about this topic.

Volker

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your system is MCOD , once you restore the backup both the ABAP and JAVA schema will be there . When you select ABAP system installation make sure you enter the production system schema name , so that the environment variable as well as the profile parameter dbs_ora_schema is correctly set. Also oracle does not support renaming the schema , hence the source system schema name will be in use . For JAVA system installation, ensure you enter schema name for the source system as well as the password (it may be changed later if entered wrong) so that secure store has the right information of the schema,if you want to retain the same schema as source. If you want to change the schema for the java system , use a new schema user and the new tablespace along with a new schema will be created in the database . You can then go ahead, create and load java tables using JLoad. Finally drop the tablespace of the java schema which was copied from the source during restore.

In Java systems its advisable to install the system fresh,else issues with java toolkit is encountered during the change of source system information for restored system.