cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a custom field in rfx.setup

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm having a hard time adding a custom field (extension) in RFx.setup object (ESO 5.1).

In Extension Definitions I don't see "RFx.setup" in the Extended Class Names.

The goal is to add a custom field between "Delivery Terms" and "Line Item Period Type" fields (Delivery Info Tab).

Is this even possible?

I've tried using the RFX Extended Class without any luck.

Your help is appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gilberto,

Rfx Setup does not support extension and don't think you can extend at the setup schedule page.

If the extension is one per document, would suggest to add the extension to the RFx Doc directly and try to keep the field in the RFx level tabs.

if the extension is one per line item, consider using line item specifications.. The downside to this model is, you have to do it for every RFx document, although you can automate this a postScript() defnition..

Thanks,

Baski

0 Kudos

I thought this was the case 😕

Based on this information, I want to assign a default value in the "Delivery Terms" collection found in RFx.Setup.

How can I achieve this? Would I be forced to create a Script in order to do this?

If so, any pointers on how to setup this script are appreciated.

Per your suggestion I will add the fields I need in the RFx Header tab.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if using rfx "templates" is a possiblity. In 5.1 the way to do this is through script. you can use the "postCreate" script extension and can try something like this:

SubordinateCollectionIfc delTermColln = doc.getDeliveryTerms();

DeliveryTermSubIBeanIfc delTerm = (DeliveryTermSubIBeanIfc)delTermColln.create();

delTerm.setXX()...

delTerm.setXX()...

delTermColln.add(delTerm);

Thanks, Baski

Answers (0)