cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Word in a SAP portal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anybody know if it's possible to implement Word as a webservice in a SAP-portal? I'm asking because I was wondering if, since .NET and Word are both Microsoft products, it would be easy to integrate Word in a SAP portal with .NET...?

Say maybe by allowing users to use Word in the portal and save data for documentation in it...

Does any of this make any sense?? 🐵

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JiriEhrlich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

it sounds a bit strange You can use any local application you are able to start in web browser (the standard one, means Microsoft IE ) in our portal. So there is no problem to open Word document or to save Word document in EP Knowledge Management etc.

Jiri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are looking to integrate features found in Word in the portal, I suggest you look at controls that can do this. For instance, there's a .NET control that can edit rich text from a browser (google for asp.net and rich text box).

In another scenario, you could have users edit Word files and have them upload the file to your portal server.

Implementing Word as a webservice will also open yourself up to licensing issues me thinks...