cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting In-transit (EI) instead of PO memo (AH) in APO during PickPack &PGI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When we perform pick pack and PGI in R/3 we used to get PO memo (ATP category = AH) created in APO at the destination/receiving location. But with new R/3 upgrade we are getting In Transit (ATP category = EI) created in APO when we perform pick pack and PGI in R/3.

Is there any R/3 Or APO configuration which will cause this issue in APO?

What's the difference between PO memo and In Transit?

Appreciate your help

Thanks & Regards

Dayananda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

PO memo is nothing but the ASN(Advanced Shipping Notification) and In-transit is the stock which is already in transfer. Actually, in a subcontracting scenario ASN is a document created by the supplier to notify the customer that the material is shipped from his site. In the customer side, it is the In-transit stock.

The configuration which decides this is the APO ATP category definition. In APO SPRO, please check the following transaction,

SPRO -->APO >GATP> General Settings -->Maintain Category

Here you can find the mapping between ATP category and the R/3 MRP elements.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dayananda,

EI // In transit belongs to category type 'Stock' whereas AH // ASN is a receipt element. AH appears only when there is a confirmation control key in PO / STO with an adequate confirmation category.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mrinal

I checked the Confirmation control key in PO / STO, I am not seeing any entries in the confirmation tab. This might be the reason I am not seeing PO memo in APO.

I followed the same regular process of perfoming the Pick Pack and PGI, previously this would have populated the Confirmation control key in PO. Do you know what configuration/action populates the Confirmation control key in PO configuration tab?

Thanks Again.

Regards

Dayananda

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CCK can be defaulted through

• Customisation at IMG >Logistics Execution > Shipping >Deliveries > Define Order Confirmations for Inbound Deliveries

• Info record (generally done for normal PO)

• Vendor master (in case of STO)

depending on business requirements.

Regards,

Mrinal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue resolved. The Packaging material used in the Pick pack and PGI was causing this issue.