Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to post goods issue - error batch not exist

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

I tried to do a post goods issue with VL02 or VL02N but it gives me an error 'Batch item_num123445 batch#0123 does not exist'.

Some other materials does not have a problem. The sales order and delivery looked fine.

This material has packs in the delivery. This material worked before but now it does not.

Any suggestions ?

thanks

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the batch exists for this material in t.code MSC2N. It looks the batch does not exit for the material. Is the batch managed at plant level or material level? If maintained at plant level, then check in MSC2N by putting the plant also.

Regards,

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

In MSC2N, the batch already exist. I enter plant and material for that batch.

Any other suggestions ?

thanks

Joyce

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error message number? Did you check Batch search strategy record (t.code VCH2) against the batch master record (MSC2N). The parameters defined in search strategy may not match with batch master at the time of goods issue.

Regards,

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

I think the error number is 7704. What am i looking for between VCH2 and MSC2N ?

The batch strategy as i check in the sales order has found the condition. thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

you would try the following:

1. check out and fix the batch using MSC2N, run MMBE for this material/batch and check out the stock;

2. check out the material master using MM04 (if it was changed recently);

good luck.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The batch was used by another sales order. Now it is ok.

Thanks.

Joyce