cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB-Connect betw.SAP-BW Oracle-DB 11.2.0.2.0 and extern Oracle-DB 10.2.0.4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have our Oracle database 11 2 0 2 0 source system db-connection to an external database Oracle 10 2 0 4 0 connected

via SAP-BW 7 0 - RSA1

The Oracle-db user is set up at once for the two databases the user-login name and password is the same. The "tnsnames. ora"- file is cared with the correct parameters on our sap-db system. The connection for DB external is active and available.

I can access it, even on database data fields and structures of the external database. Over RSA1-DataSource and over the preview rider. However the rider "suggestion" doesn't take any suggestion fields and structures from external database.

The report always means: "the fields are read from the external database" but no advertisement follows in the BW-RSA1-care of datasources.

What isn't correct here or a database 11.2, cannot read and show 10 2 suggestion fields from a this external database.

regards,

michael / sap-basis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the error in the dev_w* files.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks that helped me to analyze the error. The DB connection is safe.

We have another problem. Since all data-sources run under another database connection then the new one.

The logical db-name to the datasourcen is still the old one. How can I inform that nes database-connection now, that datasourcen manage my new db link name ?

Will take a copy or take over the data-sources, for example form db-connection (a) to db-connection (b) is possible ?

This is a base bw question Can she be answered here ?

Greetings Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

>> Will take a copy or take over the data-sources, for example form db-connection (a) to db-connection (b) is possible ?

As far as I understand that you want to change the remote database connection to another remote database. If it is correct, you can do this by modifying parameters on the DBCON table

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik