Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification: Priority and Factory Calendar

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to use "Priority" field in Notification to determine "Required Start Date" and "Required End Date".

In SAP HELP I can read this:

Enter the required key in the Priority field and choose Continue.

The system calculates the start and end for the notification in the background and enters these dates in the relevant fields. You can see the newly-calculated dates next to the priority field.

When you release the notification, the system also calculates the dates for the tasks. This is done on the basis of the factory calendar. The dates for the tasks are displayed in the task overview screen.

(extract from SAP HELP : [Specifying a Priority|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/2d/35270c448c11d189420000e829fbbd/content.htm])

In our system, Factory calendar BE is assigned to plant 0110.

Anyway, Factory calendar BE is not taken into account when start/end dates are calculated.

Could you explain what settings must be done to take Factory calendar into account?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Notification start date will not change based on factory calendar. Only task start date will be on working days.

Assign some task to that notification, then go to details to check the start date of that task. It will be as per your factory calendar working days.

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Well I did some ABAP research.. I found this:

Include LIQS0F08 (from program SAPLIQS0)

Function Module CALCULATE_PRIORITY is called to calculate required start/end date.

In this FM for QMTYP '01' (PM notif) and '03' (Service notif) another FM is called: CALCULATE_PRIORITY2. This FM doesn't take the factory calendar into account.

For other QMTYP ('02' QM notif for example), factory calendar is taken into account...

Any idea why SAP doesn't take factory calendar into account for PM & CS notification?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a work center is assigned to the notification, check if a different factory calendar is assigned in capacity overview of the work center. This calendar might owerwrite the factory calendar.

Regards.

philippe_tsalos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Özgen,

No Workcenter is assigned to my notification.

I tried to add one from the Plant 0110. The req end date that is calculated remains the same.

Factory Calendar BE is not taken into account.