cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic change of DIR Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All experts,

We have a scenario for which we would like to change the DIR Status from "approved" to "released" automatically depending if a linked object changes status or (if possible) is saved with a specific attribute.

Is this possible using standard customization and how is it done in that case?

BR

Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mikael Lindstrom

depending if a linked object changes status or (if possible) is saved with a specific attribute.

CAn you please explain a more in detail what do you mean by this.

Based on your inputs I will provide if it can be done by using developement or by standard.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see my other response in this thread,

BR

Mikael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We normally handle this with workflow or abap for multiple approvers. We make the approver field in classification a multiple entry field and then use either workflow or abap to kick the document back to the previous status so that if there is more than one approver, each approver has the ability to set the same status. Once all the approvers have signed we kick it over to the final status.

There are many ways to do the above depending on what your preference is. The most flexible solution is to offer two classification fields, one with mandatory approvers, and the with optional approvers, but then the logic of your workflow and abap has to be better so you don't delay the approval cycle too much.

Like this:

Strategy_1 -> 1 user signing

Strategy_2 -> 2 users signing

Strategy_3 -> 3 users signing

This same process can be used for multiple entries on both a reviewer and approver field and allows you to use this process for both review and approval. For example, you could use a status network that goes:

In Work - For Review - Reviewed - For Approval - Approved - Released.

In the process of approval, the approver would set the "approved" status whilst the system would reset it back to "for approval" and only once the last person had approved it would automatically set the released status. The trick using this method is to ensure that the work items are not regenerated every time it sets it back to "for approval" so there is some logic required for your workflow consultant.

The review process would be exactly the same with the exception that the system would automatically kick it over from "reviewed" to "for approval" or whatever you next status might be.

Hope this matches your requirement.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer.

It might be useful in another aspect but not really in the scenario I have right now.

The related "object" I have is an inspectipon lot. (we don't have an object link for the moment)

So my wish is that when we put a specifi status for this lot we want to change status for the "linked" DIR automatically.

Is that possible.

BR

Mikael

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mikael,

So my wish is that when we put a specifi status for this lot we want to change status for the "linked" DIR automatically.

As per my opinion this can be achived with ABAP help and not standard configuration.

Please follow the steps logically to design you required functionality.

1. When you put a specifi status for Inspection lot and save it, check if any BADI is available Before save which can check the status of Inspection lot. Check link for your reference.

[;

2. If the required status is achived in inspection lot and checked by you program, the next part of of program wil check status of DIR by "BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETSTATUS" and wil change status by using "BAPI_DOCUMENT_SETSTATUS".

3. You can provide messages to user based on status changes in SAP business workplace.

Hope this logic is understood. Please let me know if any more help is required.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mangesh,

I was expecting something like this and need to look further into it.

I will close the question.

BR

Mikael