cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC issue with TREX CCMS monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a TREX 7.10 instance (running on a Windows Server) and a SAP Solution Manager System 7.01 (on Unix Server) which is used as central CCMS monitoring system.

I have configured CCMS Monitoring for TREX according to the pdf document that is attached to SAP note 897226 ('Monitoring TREX with CCMS. Alerting seems to work, the autoreaction method that I defined for e.g. unavailabitlity of TREX processes is triggered when I test it.

In SolMan system, transaction RZ21, agents for remote systems, I see that the agent for the TREX instance is in status 'Online'.

But when I highlight this agent and click on the button 'Test Connection' I get 'Error when opening an RFC connection'.

In TA SM59 of SolMan system I am doing connection check for the two TCP/IP RFC destination related with that TREX instance

N3STAT.<hostname>.<Nr> and

SAPCCMSR.<hostname>.<Nr>

For both I get the error 'program <hostname>.n3stat.<Nr> not registered' respectively 'program <hostname>.sapccmsr.<Nr> not registered'

I am a little bit confused how to fix this. Can somebody help ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the meantime I could solve the issue.

The solution is that the registration command on TREX host had wrong parameters.

I only have a pure TREX instance, no ABAP instance, no Java instance on the same host.

In this case you have to register your agent at central SolMan system this way:

sapccmsr -R pf=

Don´t use the -j2ee parameter if you don´t have a java instance there.

Please see the screenshot and the legend under:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/e2/eff640fa4b8631e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jens,

Did you register your sapccmsr agent in your TREX system ?

Best regards

SAP Netweaver Admin