cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pallet or box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to know where (in which table) i can see if the HU is a pallet or a box. Or am i already wrong by thinking it's a HU.

Or how are shipping items and hu linked ?

Thanks in advance.

Merijn.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Packaging related information is found in VEKP table

Packed items information in VEPO table

These tables are related through internal HU number VENUM

VEPO is related to delivery through, the delivery item that is being packaged

VEPO-VBELN = Delivery number = LIKP-VBELN

VEPO-POSNR = Delivery item = LIPS-POSNR

VEKP-VHART indicates packaging material type which can be like Pallet, Box, Carton etc. Allowable Packaging types are defined in table TVTY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information.

I'll try if i can get the link betweem them. Because i need a total number of pallets per shipping and total number of cartons (per pallet i presume).

Is that number somewhere in the tables you mention ?

Thx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using BAPI_HU_GETLIST

You can use the BAPI BAPI_HU_GETLIST to get a list of Handling Units in terms of the unique tracking number (HU key EXIDV) on them and count them based on whether the packaging material is Pallet or Box

Read the documentation of BAPI_HU_GETLIST

Basically, execute BAPI_HU_GETLIST in SE37, make the parameter ONLYKEY blank, populate HUOBJECTS-OBJECT = 01 (for delivery), 04 (for shipment) and HUOBJECTS-OBJKEY with delivery or shipment number. You will get list of keys for handling units in HUKEY table, packaging header in HUHEADER table and packaging content in HUITEM table

The above BAPI is the best way to query packaging on a delivery, sales doc or shipment but if you don't have the BAPI in your system, you can also use SQVI query, but it gets more detailed.

Using SQVI

Each handling unit (Pallet, Box etc) is uniquely identified by HU number VEKP-EXIDV. So you can count how many unique values of EXIDV are there to count the packages. You should distinguish between pallets and boxes, as both of them will have records in VEKP and will be mapped to EXIDV (tracking number)

If a packaging contains directly material contents (and no packaged contents again) then VEPO-VELIN = 1

if a packaging contains in turn other packaging (like pallets with cartons), then VEPO-VELIN = 3

So VEPO items indicate the packaged content which can be the end material qty or intermediate packaging units

All packaging units (Pallets, Boxes etc) will have a record in VEKP and EXIDV generally indicates the tracking number on the package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

The BAPI_HU_GETLIST does the job to get the HU's but know i have to know which pallet contains which boxes . I seem to hava 8 entries but I think there are 2 pallets, with each 2 boxes. So that should make 6 entries.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check following tables & fields related to packaging:

VBUK Sales Document: Header Status and Administrative Data

VBUP Sales Document: Item Status

VEKP Handling Unit - Header Table

VEPO Packing: Handling Unit Item (Contents)

VBUK-VESTK - Handling Unit Placed in Stock

VENUM - Internal Handling Unit Number

ANZGL Number of Similar Packaging Materials

VHILM Packaging Materials

VBELN_GEN Delivery in Which Packaging Material Is Generated as an Item

VHART Packaging Material Type

MAGRV Material Group: Packaging Materials

VELTP Packaging Material Category

VPOBJ Packing Object

KZGVH Packaging Material is Closed Packaging

ADGE_DG Packing Level is Relevant for Dangerous Goods

ADGE_DGPR Indicator: Packing level is relevant for printing

PACKVORSCHR Packing instruction

PACKVORSCHR_ST Local packing status for a single HU (without sub HUs)

Regards

JP