cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM71: Managed System Configuration: IDES EhP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an IDES EhP4 XXX which I want to connect to my Solution Manager 7.1 SPS3 as managed system. I already updated the ST-PI & ST/A-PI Plugins. finally I want to be able to perform Maintenance Optimizer Tasks on the system.

If I start the Landscape Verification Tool it says "Product system XXX has multiple active standalone product versions" and "Some software components not covered by configured product instances".

As Product version I have the choice between "NetWeaver", "ERP 6.0", "AUTO-ID Infrasctructure" & "CRM" - but I don't know for sure which one to choose; NetWeaver and ERP sound equally reasonable.

In step "Product Instances", I have a huge list of about 80 (in case of Product version ERP 6.0) instances which are again split up into "EhP 4 for SAP ERP 6.0" and "EhP 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01" - again, I don't know which one to choose.

Additionally, if I confirm Versions and Instances by gut feeling, Landscape verification still throws warnings, and sometimes settings are overwritten by the Landscape verification sync or it throws an error while saving changes to SMSY.

The documents I found online are not very satisfying nor clear in this matter:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/MaintenanceofProductintheSystemLandscape

Note 987835 - How to define Solutions in SMSY for Diagnostics

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/solutionmanager -> Media Library -> Documentation -> System Landscape

Please help & explain if possible.

BR

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your system is an ECC 6.0 EHP4 system then you should register as ERP 6.0 system in SMSY.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That still leaves me with a question:

What should I choose for the 30+ Product Instances, "EhP4 for ERP 6.0" or "EhP4 for ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01"

BR

Michael

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

> That still leaves me with a question:

> What should I choose for the 30+ Product Instances, "EhP4 for ERP 6.0" or "EhP4 for ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01"

>

> BR

> Michael

Product Instance EhP4 for ERP 6.0 (Since system is ABAP stack and for dual stack system it is EhP4 for ERP 6.0 / NW 7.01)

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers & explanations so far.

If I select ERP 6.0 as Product Version, some of the Product Instances in the following screen report an error, although they have a green status, e.g. SAP Workforce Management 3.1.

Additionally, if I refresh the Landscape Verification, it again tells me that the data is incomplete and runs the data collector/sync. Afterwards the Product Version is reverted to NetWeaver instead of ERP 6.0, hence most of the previously assigned (ERP 6.0-) Product Instances are "red".

Any thoughts?

Edited by: Michael Schüßler on Nov 14, 2011 5:21 PM

Edited by: Michael Schüßler on Nov 14, 2011 5:21 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Quite strange. Could you please tell me what all components are on 604 level in your IDES system ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quite a few, according to SLD:

C-CEE 110_604
 EA-APPL 604
 EA-DFPS 604
 EA-FINSERV 604
 EA-GLTRADE 604 
 EA-HR 604 
(lots of EA-HR)
 EA-PS 604  
 EA-RETAIL 604 
 ECC-DIMP 604  
 ERECRUIT 604  
 ESA ECC-SE 604 
 FI-CA 604
 FI-CAX 604
 FINBASIS 604
 HR-CEE 110_604
(lots of HR-CEE)
 INSURANCE 604
 IS-CWM 604 
 IS-H 604
 IS-M 604
 IS-OIL 604
 IS-PRA 604
 IS-PS-CA 604
 IS-UT 604
 LSOFE 604 (FRONT END) 
 SEM-BW 604
 SLL_PI 800_604 
 SAP APPL 6.04 
 SAP HR 6.04 
 SAP HRCAR 6.04 
(lots of other HR)

Michael

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per list of software components, I think there is some problem with landscape verification tool. Please check SAP note 1533983.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the hint.

I'm on Solution Manager 7.1 SP3 with latest Basic Note, so the snote you mentioned is not relevant for me.

By now I'm also quite sure this might be a LV-Error because it again reverted to NetWeaver as Product Version

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/799639

Hi,

In these days patching/uőgradeing of IDES system is note really supported by SAP. See my link above to Note 799639: Support Packages / Upgrade / EHPs IDES specific Support Packages do not exist. Patching and Upgrade of IDES systems are no longer supported. IDES should only be operated as a seperate installation. Each new release requires a new installation! Due to the complexity of the IDES systems and the number of preinstalled components/AddOns it is not possible any more to generate a consistant maintenance (MOPZ) within the Solution Manager. Because of this technical restriction we recommend to wait for coming IDES versions/releases. Kernel Updates / Kernel Patches are recommended!