cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to RFC Scenario (automatic updation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement, i.e we have a web system. In that gold rates will update in every one hour.

When ever the update will happen that should be update in SAP system via RFC call automatically.

Here sender side I am using SOAP adapter.

I know the process to do the soap--rfc scenario.

But how the gold rates will updates automatically in SAP system, with out triggering some one?

can any one guide me to do this scenario.......

Thanks in advance......

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>> we have a web system. In that gold rates will update in every one hour.

When ever the update will happen that should be update in SAP system via RFC call automatically.

Schedule your sender communication channel so that theterface will be triggered for every one hour to update the data in SAP.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me where i have to do the scheduling.

Because i am not aware of the scheduling concept.

thank you......

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can schedule it in the runtime workbench. Please refer the below links

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/46/ad6cfeb5492a86e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Thank you for the valuable information.

You are right, we can schedule the cc in RWB.

But what i found we can schedule for one particular time per day.

is it possible to schedule dialy and that too every hour?

Thank you ...

Edited by: maridu on Nov 14, 2011 2:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maridu,

yes with availibility time planning you can choose daily: monday, tuesday, not wednesday (for instance), thursday, etc.., plus for these day, a run which begins at 17:00 during 4 hours (for instance)... so to define a range, but that, it's mainly usefull with a FILE adapter as we have a polling (e.g every 60S or 3600S = 1h).

but as you, you use a sender SOAP, and if I'm not wrong (I have not a PI under eyes just now) you have not a polling. So a solution should be to define several availibility-time plannings (one per hour) on your same sender CC. Low work effort and easy to do.

Another solution is to not use availlibility-time planning, but to define your sender CC as "external" in "RWB -> CC monitoring", and to use an external tools (*) to trigger externally this sender CC, in fact to call an HTTP address by passing the "party | businessComponent | Sender CC" plus an action (STOP or START, this CC). There are several blogs on SDN to know how to trigger externally a CC (sender or receiver).

(*) external tool can be a unix command (wget), or a scheduler tool (to buy) like $universe (for instance) or eventually a sap job which run an abap program which call this HTTP address.

regards

mickael

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using SOAP sender... It is not jdbc or file adapter to poll and pull the request automatically. Here You need some trigger step for sending the payload request data in addition to scheduling the channel for polling. With the given requirement why don't you go for JDBC sender and pull the data based on your polling schedule. Just few cents..

To control the channel externally see this [link.|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/0c86aab4d14dece10000000a11466f/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you like the idea of a SOAP Sender scheduling feature, please follow this link to the Idea Place and give a thumbs up to this improvement request:

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/12158