Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About activity confirmation by CN25

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am working in PS module for the first time. I have following query.

I am confirming activities by CN25 I am getting following message - Activity type is missing confirmation will be saved without actual cost.

Basic structure is Project->WBS->Network->Activity (Internal)

If I have to capture cost as well what setting I have to maintain in SPRO?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

> I am working in PS module for the first time. I have following query.

> I am confirming activities by CN25 I am getting following message - Activity type is missing confirmation will be saved without actual cost.

> Basic structure is Project->WBS->Network->Activity (Internal)

> If I have to capture cost as well what setting I have to maintain in SPRO?

The message is only an information.

Cost capturing depends on the business scenario . You can use network activities only for scheduling purpose, in this case it is not required to capture cost. Most of the time labour costs are allocated directly from finance to Project.

If you need to capture the cost of work done then this option can be utilized. For that you need to setup Work Center and also you need to create and assign activity type to work center. and while creating the network you need to maintain these activity type and wrok center in the activity so that while confirming activity you will get actual cost similarly you can use these details for plan cost (network cost planning) as well.

As you are aware please go through SAP Help for the following..

1) Work Centre - which comes under PP

2) Activity Type - which comes under CO

3) Network Cost Planning - which comes under PS

4) Confirmation - which comes under PS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Abdul stated clearly cost capturing through confirmation depends on the busienss requirement.

Then maintaining the AType and WC is not at all required in NW activity.

The second option is were you planning your network activities for project plan costs using project network activities? then it is required to maintain WC and Atype in an activity. By doing, you will have your planned hours are converted to planned costs on that activity and also have actual costs when activities confirmed.

Just wanted to add one more point here, since you are not doing any planning nor looking for actual costs on network activity,

My opion is you can also skip the activity confirmation by changing "control key" settings in customization (OPSU)

Uncheck the check box "Confirmation required - 2 " to make it blank "confirmation possible but not necessary" so that it will minimize the efforts put in by business users at the time of closing project.

Please go through replies and check your business requirement and adopt apt answer from here.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Nov 14, 2011 3:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have maintained the work center in the activity. If the work center is maintained check if the activity type is present in the activity detail screen. Both these details should be present. You can check the activity type details in transaction KL03. Next check if the activity rates are maintained in transaction KP26.

If all these pre requisites are met you should be able to get the costs correctly.

Regards,

Gokul

former_member533946
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnx for the help Mr.Gokul.

I would like to ask if I am having number of projects going on at a time and there are some activities which are very comman in each project and rate for each activity in each project is different then how should I proceed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can think of maintaining different work center for these types of activities. These work centers will then have to be maintained with a different activity type & cost center combination with the rate specified in KP26. For eg. An activity called project management is present in 2 different projects. In one of the projects the activity is being carried out by the Project Manager and in the other project the same activity is being carried out by Assistant Project Manager. The rates for PM and Asst PM would be different. This can be achieved by maintaining a different work center respectively for the PM and the Asst PM.

Hope you got my point. In case of any other queries please revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Basic PS Concept is to confirm the activity and cost gets posted to project.

What is happening is you are confirming activity without activity type. So better give activity type for the activity you are confirming in CJ20N and confirm their itself or via CN25.

Activity type will be created by KL01 and rate to cost center is assigned by KP26.

You have to maintain rate for the cost center which is given in your work center.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to provide the activity type while on the confirmation screen that helps to calculate the cost. The configuration for the activity type is maintained in CO (including the calculation mechanism which may use workcenters as well). You will need to review PS and CO documentation on SAP Help for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ammar