cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding customer number ranges.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a business requirement,which is not mapped by standard SAP.I hope by the help of experts i can fill this gap.

My client business requiremnt is regarding customer number ranges.

So here while generating number for customer in XD01.system has to propose first 2 letters from Region next 2 letters from sales district next 2 letters from customer group and remaining 4 letters as sequential like 0001,0002 likewise.

System has to generate customer number ranges based on the Region,Sales dirstict and Customer group. Example as bellow,

Customer Region is 01 sales district is 02 and customer group is 01

For above case If i create a customer in XD01 system has to generate number as 0102010001

Help me to fill this gap.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ravikumar.Ravuri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try with BADI CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA, method CHECK_ACCOUNT_NUMBER to check if you are using this value for KUNNR and MODIFY_ACCOUNT_NUMBER to set the value.

My suggestion is avoid it. Why? What happens when this customer could buy through many sales areas? What happens when the customer group changes? This last is true. I remeber a company that use a clasification where non-national customer were splitted in intra-communitary and non-communitary customer (european union), each one in differents ranges. With the years, non-communitary customers become intra-communitary customer, you can change the customer group with XD07 but your customer couldn't change the ID (because is the key field in KNA1 and other tables). The customer wanted an intelligent classification and with the time they have confussion.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with the BADI suggested here

[Re: user exit for CUSTOMER NUMBER RANGE |;

G. Lakshmipathi

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This kind of number range to be an alphanumeric number range.

By USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE you can change the number range to be used.

After the execution of userexit the system calls the function NUMBER_GET_NEXT to determine the NUMERIC number of the INTERNAL number range.

Regards

JP