cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO - Basic settings for setting up the system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a, hopefully small, issue regarding setting up the system landscape for our APO - R/3 environment.

In our test system in R/3 I need to specify the APO release, which is not a problem. The issue I have in R/3 is when I try to save the new setting. The system asks for a workbench request even if the test system has been "opened" by the Basis resource.

I would like to avoid creating a workbench request as we are using an external tool ( HP PPM ) for transport management and I believe I will get into trouble since this workbench request should not be transported further into our production environment. As I have understood from our APO experts the settings must be maintained per R/3 system (development - test/quality - production) as it is pointing to corresponding systems in the APO landscape.

The question is, does anyone know how we can maintain these settings without any workbench request being created?

This is perhaps not a APO question, but I'm not sure in what other forum I should post it.

Thanks for any feedback

Br,

Lars

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lars,

I have difficulty envisioning any situation when you would wish to make any transportable change (workbench or otherwise) in a test system. The normal path would be to transport the change from the dev system into the test system. I am unfamiliar with the third party software (HP PPM) about which you speak. However, the standard controls currently used in your transport process (third party or otherwise) should limit which transports do and which transports do not get moved into your prod system.

I can think of several ways to approach this problem. I think you should consult with your supervisor before attempting such changes, to ensure that you are complying with all policies and procedures that exist for your company. In my company, this type of exception would require creation of special change management docs, and appropriate signoffs by management.

You are right this is not an APO question, it is a Basis question. For advice on the technical aspect of your question, try one of the Basis forums. Pick the one that is for the DBM you are using.

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1#34

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)