Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Passing the business data from Child DC to Parent DC

parameshwari_palle
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Dear All,

I developed two DC,s Parent and Child DC,i am able to pass the data from Parent DC to CHild DC,when i am trying to pass the data from Child DC to Parent DC i am unable to map the context attributes. Is it possible to pass the data from Child DC to Parent DC.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_govardhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Lets say we have two components CompA(Parent) and CompB(child). Now, in CompA, You ll declare CompB as used components. If this is done You can able to map context attribute using* interface controller of CompB(child) to component controller of CompA(parent)*.

I guess your question is to do the vice-versa. i.e to map CompA's context attribute to CompB's. This is not possible. If you declare CompA as used component in CompB, It will give error "Cycle in component usage definitions".

You can create the required Context attribute in Child and then map it to parent.

i.e Instead of mapping CompA's context to CompB's, You can create the required context attribute in CompB and map it to CompA. So that the value ll be available in both.

Regards,

Anand G

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parameshwari,

Yes you can acheive it by doing a flip. ie, in this case the present Parent DC will become Child DC and present Child DC will become Parent DC. Now you can share the context atrributes in reverse way (ie, you can access the context attributes of current Parent DC in current Child DC).

Regards,

Jithin

parameshwari_palle
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanx Jithin,

I have done the application as you said, but when i am trying to map context attributes from Child DC interface controller to Parent interface controller which view i have embeded in my Child DC,mapping is not happening what could be the problem please help me,

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can acheive it by doing a flip. ie, in this case the present Parent DC will become Child DC and present Child DC will become Parent DC. Now you can share the context atrributes in reverse way (ie, you can access the context attributes of current Parent DC in current Child DC).

Sorry Parameshwari. As Anand suggested, It will give an error called Cycle in component usage definitions, if you are doing the procedure what I suggested.

In that case only you can do only one thing , you should maintain the requried context attribute in child DC and you can use it in parent DC.

Child DC using Parent DC's context attribute is not possible.

Regards,

Jithin