cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO when converted to PDF doesn't display Russian fonts correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

We have here two R/3 systems. And I created two identical POs one in each system in Russian Language using Device Type LOCL. Print preview in both the cases was as required in the R/3 system. When the user tries to view this PO in PDF format on the Portal for R/3 system-1 it works all right , the user can view PO-PDF in Russian language.

Even in the case of the second R/3 system I can see the PO in russian language, but when the user tries to view this PO-PDF on the portal the russian fonts gets distorted.

I have checked for both the systems, the Device Type, Character Set everything is just the same, the FM that converts PO into PDF is working fine too in both the cases.

If anyone has something on this, please help me out, im stuck here.

Regards

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Have you already check the following notes? I think they can be relevant for you:

734790 Unicode: OTF-Preview shows '#' instead of some letters

776507 SAPscript/SmartForms: Which fonts for which languages?

386222 '#' during SAPscript output

Best regards,

Denise Zanuz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denise,

Thanks for the reply.

The thing is all of these notes are about what to do if you cannot see the print preview on your Backend system, I can see them correctly on the backend, my problem is I cant see them on the frontend. I see boxes instead of Cryllic characters.

I tried debugging the FM that converts the SAPScript PO into Adobes .pdf format. I didint get anything useful : (

If someone has any more suggestions, please share.

Regards

Raghav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone needs any more information on this, Please ask me.