cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dest Delimiter parameter in bic module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a IDoc to EDI scenario using seeburger modules (bic).

While creating a EDI file on Target FTP server ,EDI content is written into file as a single line instead of a new line after every record.

Please let me know if i had to use some bic module parameter in receiver file channel to insert a new line after every record.

Also , can some one explain destDelimter parameter usage.I know that it is a string with the length of 6 characters order of the delimiter is as follows:subfield, field, decimal, quoting, fieldgroup, segment.

But i want to know what quoting,fieldgroup and segment refer to in a EDI interchange.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothsna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> While creating a EDI file on Target FTP server ,EDI content is written into file as a single line instead of a new line after every record.

For this you can use another module, that is newLine parameter (BIC newLine TRUE)

> Also , can some one explain destDelimter parameter usage.I know that it is a string with the length of 6 characters order of the delimiter is as follows:subfield, field, decimal, quoting, fieldgroup, segment.

> But i want to know what quoting,fieldgroup and segment refer to in a EDI interchange.

Check the below link (read point 1 (For Delimiters variable in target side, Map UDF (setDynamicParameters) as below))

Regards,

Venkata Ramesh

Answers (0)