cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP AND SYSTEM I JOURNALS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am having some issue on SAP journals on system i . While clearing the Journals some of the Receiver are not getting clear. We have to shut down the SAP and restart it after which we can clear the same. I also want to know that is there is any built in (Automated) process in SAP to clear the Receivers where we can specify the number of days which a receivers should stay in the system.

Pls note that these receivers are of very large size and take huge space in the system.

Pls advise to clear ths problem..

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

journal receivers can only be deleted when all transactions that caused entries in the receiver are either committed or rolled back. If you have very long running transactions (like batch processing), it is possible that several journal receivers are created and filled before the transaction is committed. When you shut down the SAP system, no transactions remain uncommitted, that's why you can delete all receivers (except the currently attached on) then.

There are a couple of SAP Notes that deal with journal receivers, SAP Note 82079 has a tool to automatically save and delete receivers. If your problem happened while installing a support package, then have a look at SAP Note 1366799. General information about journal configuration can be found in SAP Note 1449715.

Kind regards,

Christian Bartels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian Bartels,

Thanks for your reply. Normally how many days we keep the old journal receiver in DEV and PRD & where we set the days.

Regards

Rajesh.