Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost getting doubled in CJ40

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using multiple currency planning. My base controlling area currency is OMR.

I am doing planning (CJ40) in USD.

And when I enter in the transaction with currency as OMR and press on check button with or without entering any value, then also the values which are in distributed column (values which came from USD) are again getting added automatically in Cost Plan due to which the total is getting doubled.

Planning Profile:

Total Values Activated

Planning Currency: Transaction Currency

Default Object Currency Tick is activated.

Please suggest why is this behavior.

Thanks in advance

Shubham

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have few doubts in your question.

1 Your controlling area currency is omr and your planning currency is transaction currency , default currency is object currency.

first decide what is your project currency ( controlling area currency , object currency , or transaction).

2. You said that values are getting doubled. that means you have already done the cost planning . why are u again trying to do cost planning .

"which are in distributed column (values which came from USD) " these values are depends on the view in cj40 either controlling area or the transaction , which you have selected . By default it will be controlling area currency.

Please send me a screen shot after and before planning.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,

1) Project currency is controlling area currency only, OMR. But cost planning & budgeting is done in USD & OMR both.

2) I have done cost planning for some WBS in USD with version 0. Now remaining planned cost has to be given in OMR for same version 0 for some WBS.

When I have selected USD with controlling area or transaction currency, it is displaying ok.

But when I enter as OMR (controlling area currency), then there is no option for selection as controlling or transaction, which is ok.

The values which are entered in USD are already converted, added and displayed in Distributed column but then after if I add/change and value in OMR and do total up, then again first USD value totals-up and that extra value is coming in higher level WBS in Distributable Column.

Hope this will clear to you.

Also where should I send the screen shot? On your business card mail id?

Regards

Shubham

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Also where should I send the screen shot? On your business card mail id?

Please upload the screen shot in any of the file hosting site and put the link to access that file in this forum..

(If you are seeking advise from forum then please avoid personal communications.)

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

[https://rapidshare.com/files/1562556050/Planned_Cost_Doubling_Error.docx?bin=1]

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you did the cost planning first time , you entered the usd in lower level wbs and did the total up. When you come back to cj40 and again do the cost planning. the figure which you entered at the time of first costing will there in all superior wbs. when you enter the figure in new currency it will add up existing figure that what is shows double effect.

Now to reverse this first make all fields to zero in omr currency, save it again come back cj40 in usd currency and remove the value in usd also in all fields.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

Edited by: vengaiah chowdary pachava chinna on Nov 13, 2011 4:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

I was able to replicate the issue. Basically the function total up is causing the issue. Please remove 'Bottom up' tick from planning profile, do CJEN and then check. Bottom up tick is running total up during check and saving. Hence the issue. Please let me know if there are further issues.

Regards

Shrikant

shubham_kiyawat
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikant.

I have removed the bottom up planning indicator, by which the automatic total-up is disabled.

But still if somebody uses Total-Up (F9) manually, then system gives the same in controlling area currency.

I am closing this issue, but if somebody can suggest something it will be good.

Regards

Shubham