cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any course on BW on HANA SP3? and Migration steps from BW to BW on HANA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Provide any course for BW 7.3 on HANA 1.0 SP3? Any Idea about - RBWHDB ? Any information ( Steps ) for Migration from Bw to BW HANA?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I talked to people from SAP Education 2 weeks ago:

1/ BW on HANA course is planned for Q1 2012

2/ For OS/DB Migration they could not answer my question yet if delta certification will be required for HANA above standard one.

-Vitaliy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. Can you Pl provide me information ( Steps ) for Migration from Bw to BW HANA?

2. From BW data modelling perspective what are the additional efforts required after the migration?

3. And what abt the existing old BW objects like data cubes, DSOs, reports, process chains after migration to BW on HANA?

Thanks in advance,

Priya.

RolandKramer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See the following Content which is the Material for the Workshop WDEUMH/WNABWH - Migration BW on HANA -

Best Regards Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

please see this migration guide (it is including HANA):

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700001299452010E/systemcopy_73_abap.pdf

Tomas

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Regarding migration aspect, the steps remain the same as any classical DB migration using SAPInst...creation of export, creation of SMIGR for target DB and then creation of new BW on HANA system using this export (System Copy-->Target System).

Regards, Rahul

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it was said that it should be just classical OS/DB migration. But if you need details from hands-on experience from migration - then I guess it is too soon. There are not many of those that had the opportunity to try it.

Tomas